Karim Adeyemi

Word Count : 1031

Requested by Emailhaha

Karim Adeyemi

🖤 Borussia Dortmund 💛

TITLE

"Karim!" you can't help but squeal, your knee bouncing. "I'm so excited!"

He grins, pulling into the parking lot. He finds a spot close to the entrance of the amusement park, and you get out. "I'm excited, too, Y/n," he finally answers. Then he takes your hand in his as you walk to the gate. You show the person at the gate your wristbands that you got at the booth before you entered the parking lot, and they nod, allowing you to pass. They're so tired, they don't even look up. So if they would have recognized your boyfriend, they don't anyway. Interesting how it is so easy to miss the greatest opportunities if you just fail to pay attention to the little things, huh? "Where do you want to go first, Y/n?" your boyfriend Karim asks.

"Hmmm..." you think for a few seconds. "Let's play a few of those stupid games that are impossible to win. That's always fun."

He grins, obviously in agreement, and you walk to the booths where all of those are set up. You immediately spot a stuffed animal that you feel drawn to and point, saying loudly, "Karim, look at that! I want it!"

He grins, walking over there, and you follow, your hands connected anyway still, despite the warmness of the sunny bright perfect day. "Want me to win it for you?"

You giggle and nod, so the two of you go over. After a four tries from him and you cheering him on, he finally hits the target he was aiming for and wins you the stuffed animal. He hands it to you, planting a very short, gentle kiss on your lips, saying, "How's that for you, Y/n?"

"Perfect!" you declare, bringing the stuffed animal close to your chest. "Thank you so much!" You giggle.

The two of you walk around the rest of the park. First you do the Tilt-A-Whirl, which is really fun. Especially since you get pushed right into Karim a few times, and the whole ride is a fit of giggling and laughing and chuckling and delighted screaming at the speed of the spinning. Then you go do Go-Carts, and you absolutely slaughter him at that (even though it technically wasn't a race). Next you do a few roller coasters. Now you're walking around the park again, and Karim says, "Man, I'm hungry, and it is nearing dinner hour. Do you want to get some overly unhealthy carnival food, my love?"

This humorous question makes you laugh, and you nod. So you go to the booths and get yourselves cold iced drinks and hot delicious carnival food. Then you find a place to sit and eat. As you eat, you say, "We should definitely do calmer things for the next while. No wild rides- I don't want my stomach to become unsettled, if you catch my drift."

He chuckles and nods. "Oh, no, no, no, I catch your drift. Don't worry. I've caught it."

You sit and hold hands across the table as you eat, hands in each other's. Every so often, you steal a loving glance at each other. Once you're both almost finished, after a little while, you mention, glancing around you, "Look, it's beautiful." And you're right. The sun is setting, so that the sky is starting to be coloured with pinks, oranges, and lighter, brighter shades of blues, and more, blending into each other, and the only word you can think of is 'masterpiece'. The sun setting is casting a beautiful orange light on everything, making the face of your beloved boyfriend seem to glow and shine- even more than it naturally does without special lighting- and he's stunning. So, so stunning. Your breath catches in your throat before you add softly with a little smile, "And look at you, too. You're also quiet beautiful, huh?"

"You stole my line!" he laughs. "That's what I was going to tell you!"

You giggle, saying, "It's good we feel the same way, huh?"

"Yeah, and you know, it is very true that this sunset is very romantic. Want to know what would make it even more romantic, and give us a better view of it?"

"I think I know what you're thinking..."

He stands up, holding his hand out to you. You stand up and grab his hand. You start walking together in the same direction, because you both know, and finally he says, "The Ferris Wheel sounds like a great idea."

"So we were thinking the same thing."

"Of course we were. We think the same, don't we?"

"I guess we do," you respond, smiling softly.

Soon you make it to the Ferris Wheel, and as you get seated in the hanging chair, the sky is getting even brighter and more beautiful than it was before. The top is turning darker, making the stars and moon appear more clearly, while nearer to the horizon there are still a bright spread of all sorts of beautiful colours, shining brightly. Soon, the Ferris Wheel starts movie. You lean your head on Karim's shoulder as you rise up and up. He takes your hand, and you look into each other's eyes. The beautiful sky is brightly shining in his eyes, like two little glimpses of the world around you. The Ferris Wheel stops at the top, and you mutter, "This is so... gorgeous."

"Just like the girl next to me."

"You're welcome. I gave your line to you that time."

He grins with a chuckle. "Yeah, I realised, love."

"Love?" you grin, leaning your face in closer to his. "Getting all romantic, now, are we?"

"Well, that was the point, wasn't it?" he smiles, putting his hand on your jaw gently.

"I suppose so," you mutter with a sweet smile, your eyelashes fluttering.

He then leans in, and, against the bright sky, you kiss each other. Somewhere, someone could look up and see the picture of two shadowy figures of a sweet couple kissing each other on the Ferris Wheel against a beautiful setting sun and its sky.

You smile into the kiss and wrap your arms around him.

And you're sure you must be in love.