✩ promise rings || maknae line

treasure's maknae line reaction when you take off your promise ring after a fight

════ ⋆★⋆ ════

KIM DOYOUNG

Doyoung isn't a guy who is very serious about everything — even in certain instances where he had to be. Even when you were frustrated, he would make light-hearted jokes — only because he didn't enjoy seeing you mad and wanted to bring a smile to your face.

You two had promised to never take off your rings, so when Doyoung found your ring inside your drawer, he was overwhelmed with various thoughts going through his head. He would call out for you, showing you the ring as he softly asked you why you had taken off the ring.

Truth was that you merely forgot where you kept it since you always took it off before doing the dishes — but you didn't tell that to Doyoung instantly, just taking the ring from him and putting it on. 

From that day onwards, he would have a slight trauma of-sorts, just always looking at your hands and making sure you wore your promise ring at all times.

"You are kidding, right, baby? Please don't do that again. I'm gonna get a heart attack and die early with such scares."

════ ⋆★⋆ ════

WATANABE HARUTO

Haruto doesn't seem like the type to argue, so if you ever get into an argument, it would probably be something like Yedam's case. He would be at fault and he would stay silent throughout the whole thing, not wanting to anger you further. But his silence only riled you up more.

"See, this is what I mean! You keep closing yourself off! How am I supposed to stay like this?" You yelled, removing your ring and throwing it to the floor. As soon as you did so, Haruto would go into a state of panic, hands shaking as he looked between you and your ring.

He would immediately wrap his arms around you, afraid that you'll leave him. In his eyes, you taking off your ring meant you wanted to end things, and that was his biggest fear. 

Both of you would probably cry upon seeing how difficult things were for the other, but that's the best way you guys could understand each other.

"Please don't go, baby. Please don't leave me. I promise I'll be better. Please stay."

════ ⋆★⋆ ════

PARK JEONGWOO

Like Yoshi, Jeongwoo isn't the type to let an argument escalate, and his usual way of handling the awkward things was by joking and teasing. And sometimes, you'd get really tired of the way he teased and joked around — which was understandable.

"You promised to always be understanding, Jeongwoo. Was that a joke for you too?" You asked tiredly, removing the promise ring and showing it to him. Your actions hurt you as much as it hurt him, but he had to know when to be serious.

Jeongwoo would go quiet at your words, realising you must have had it hard with the immature way he was dealing with things. He would apologise and leave the room, knowing it would be better to give you some space.

"I'm sorry about everything, Y/N. I hope you can forgive me."

════ ⋆★⋆ ════

SO JUNGHWAN

Junghwan was spending so much of time with his members, and usually you weren't the one to object. Of course, he has to — they are his members, after all. 

But even on his days off, instead of hanging out with you, Junghwan would be with his members. You endured this for as long as you could hold out, but the voice inside your head kept telling you weren't worth it — and that maybe you should end things with Junghwan.

Your heart swelled when Junghwan instantly came to you when you asked him too, but it was broken once again when he mentioned he had to quickly leave since he was playing games with his hyungs. 

And that was when you broke completely

Removing the promise ring you had gotten for your 100 days together, you handed it to Junghwan, mustering the best smile you could give despite the tears burning in your eyes.

"I don't think I can handle you just coming and going as you please. The hyungs are more important than me, and I understand, so please just let me leave so we both can be happy," you stated, surprised when Junghwan didn't let go, placing the ring back on your hand.

"Let's just talk things out first. Please don't make rash decisions like this. I promise I'll listen, so tell me everything."