♡ like an idiot || kim junkyu

LIKE AN IDIOT 

"You know what? Let's break up."

If anyone ever asked you what your biggest regret was, it would be those six words. It was a year since you said those six words, but the regret was still as great as it was the day before.

Kim Junkyu was a man of many charms, and it was safe to assume that he caught your attention with them. But regardless of his charms, his bubbly personality had you floored. You guys truly had the best time for two years, but then with you two getting occupied with work, things started going downhill.

"I am the one who should complain, Y/N. I have a comeback and things are way more hectic than whatever you got going on!"

"Well, why don't you try running your own business, Junkyu?! It's a piece of cake, isn't it?!"

You two fell apart for the most childish reasons, especially since both of you had big egos and refused to give in to the other. You always fought over the littlest things, getting mad easily.

But no matter how much you guys fought, it was always in the heat of the moment. Any idiot could see how much you two loved each other, but alas, the mega idiots — aka you and Junkyu — threw everything away because of your egos.

You sighed, standing in front of the mirror as you practiced smiles that looked genuine enough. You were meeting up with your friends; Hyunsuk, Jihoon and Doyoung — who were also friends with Junkyu. You knew they would bring him up as a topic of conversation, and you were preparing yourself to answer every question with an unbothered smile.

You made your way out of your house and towards the dorms of the boys, mentally prepping yourself for what was to come. How could they make me come to the dorms when the chance of bumping into Junkyu is high? You wondered throughout your walk.

Standing in front of the dorm room, you took a deep breath before you knocked on the door, startled when Doyoung instantly opened it. "Y/N noona! What a pleasant surprise!" He cooed, grinning like an idiot as he latched onto your arm.

"You guys invited me. Why is it a surprise?" You inquired, raising your brow at the way the younger suspiciously behaved.

"Okay, maybe you got a point there. Don't mind me," Doyoung mumbled, scratching the back of his neck. "Come on, the others are waiting in my room." He pulled you, dragging you to his room.

You held back your laugh, finding the younger's excitement amusing as you followed him. Doyoung opened the door to his room, quickly pushing you inside, making you frown.

"Doyoung, what the f-" Your words were cut off as the younger closed the door in your face, and you could hear the distinct sound of it being locked. Why would they lock me in a room? Unless ... oh, hell no.

As you turned around, you saw Junkyu sitting on the bed, quite calm after probably being locked in for a while. His posture straightened as soon as he saw you, eyes widened in shock.

"So, this is what they were up to," Junkyu muttered, and you soon realised why the boys wanted you to come to their dorm instead of the usual café you guys met at.

"Open the door, guys! This is not funny!" You banged on the door, knowing well that the boys were outside.

"We are doing this for you two, okay? You two haven't been the same for the past year, and we just want you guys to throw away your mighty egos for a few minutes and talk things out," Hyunsuk announced, and you heard him sigh, truly tired of the way you and Junkyu have been acting.

"We are not telling you to get back together," Jihoon added. "You guys broke off on a bad note, and we just want you guys to sort out your differences. Clear your misunderstandings, okay?"

You slumped down against the door, hugging your knees as you avoided any sort of contact with Junkyu. None of you really knew how to start a conversation with the other, and you were wondering if you could really get out of the locked room.

The others could read you two like a book, and they wouldn't really believe it if you told them you cleared everything. You felt nervous somehow, mentally prepping yourself to suck it up and talk to Junkyu.

Junkyu watched you from the bed as you sat on the floor. Do I still have feelings for her like the boys say? He wondered, trying to find an answer to his question.

The way he noticed your little quirks was enough of an answer, though. He noticed you playing with your hands — something you did when you were nervous. He noticed you biting your tongue — something you did to distract yourself. And you had the same look on your face when he agreed for you two to break up.

But what broke his heart was when he noticed you were still wearing the promise ring he gifted you on your birthday — a few months prior to the breakup. He clutched on his necklace you gifted him hidden underneath his shirt, sighing as he realised how none of you really wanted the breakup.

"Y/N ... I'm sorry," Junkyu started, determined to rekindle your relationship. He sat in front of you, looking at you apologetically. "None of this was meant to happen, and I'm sorry about everything. It's all my fault."

You shook your head, giving a small smile. "It's alright. I'm just glad the boys locked us in and not something completely crazy. You know what can happen when Junkyu and Doyoung get-"

"I was talking about us, Y/N. About our breakup. It wasn't supposed to happen, I wasn't supposed to let you go ... but, I did."

"It's not your fault, Junkyu. I am the one who suggested it ... like an idiot."

"But I was supposed to know you said it because you were mad at the moment." Junkyu defended your side, and you frowned at how understanding he was. "I should've understood and stopped you ... instead for agreeing to it like an idiot."

"I shouldn't have lost my cool so much with you. I should keep work problems at work, but I dragged it home and vented so much on you." You gave a painful smile as you wiped away the tears that made down your face. "I'm really sorry, Junkyu, for all the means thing I said to you whenever we fought."

Junkyu smiled to himself, wrapping his arms around you as he pulled you into a hug, rubbing your back comfortingly. The two of you apologised back and forth as you cried, and soon enough, you found the situation funny enough to break into a laugh.

"Stop apologising," you laughed, hitting Junkyu's hand.

"You first," he retorted, chuckling as he wiped away your tears, feeling relieved now that a smile was on your face. "I love you, Y/N. I really do, I still do. And I really want to get back together, but only if you want to. I promise to work harder for our relationship, and not just let you do everything. So, would you be up for being my girlfriend again?"

"I love you too, Junkyu. I don't think I stopped loving you. Sure, I got mad, but I never fell out of love with you," you muttered, cheeks heating as you saw Junkyu looking at you with a loving smile. "I guess I'd love to have you as my boyfriend again, so yes."

Junkyu leant forward, placing a small kiss on your forehead, hugging you once again. You giggled as you fell into his embrace, missing the warmth of his chest when you used to cuddle.

"Gosh, we are such idiots, Junkyu."

"It's alright, though. Because we are each other's idiots."

"That was so cheesy."