✩ promise rings || middle line

treasure's middle line reaction when you take off your promise ring after a fight

════ ⋆★⋆ ════

TAKATA MASHIHO

Mashiho would react the same way you did because both of you had equally explosive tempers. This was one of those fights where none of you remember how it started except for how far you came with it.

In the heat of the moment, you took off your promise ring, throwing it at your boyfriend. Mashiho reciprocates your actions, taking off his ring and throwing it towards you. You two would have a stare-off, feeling your anger raising as you thought about what the other did.

The argument was long forgotten, but another one would start. Why did you have to take the ring off? Mashiho was fuming, and so were you — you two just didn't know when to hit pause and talk things out. 

It was all temporary, though. 

After all the harsh words and glares exchanged, the two of you would spend the evening apologising to each other, knowing no matter how mad you were at each, you would always get back together.

"I hope you felt the same pain in your heart I felt when you took off that ring, Y/N."

════ ⋆★⋆ ════

YOON JAEHYUK

Jaehyuk always boasted about how you two never fought, and whenever you did, you two would get it solved really quickly. It was usually you who got angry, but Jaehyuk always knew how to handle it and calm you down. 

But when the two of you were equally pissed, there was nobody to be a mediator and tell you to take a time out.

When you took off your promise ring, Jaehyuk's eyes widened, not believing what you had just done. You raised your hand to throw it, but stopped yourself, your fist shaking in anger as you looked away. 

Jaehyuk would leave the room at first, wanting to give you space, but he'd walk inside in a few seconds, tears pricking his eyes as he panicked.

"Baby ...? Please tell me you didn't mean it."

════ ⋆★⋆ ════

HAMADA ASAHI

You two had been fighting for a few days now, randomly breaking into arguments from time to time. Both of you were stressed about work and since you two were the only other people you'd see — living in the same house — it resulted in you two taking out your stress on the other.

Asahi walked into the room to call you for lunch, seeing as you didn't reply to him. You were giving him the silent treatment, and he knew it very well. 

He was going to turn away, about to play the same game as you, when he noticed the shiny metal on your bedside table. Squinting at the item, he realised it was the promise ring he had gotten you for your one-year anniversary. His was still on his finger, but it seemed as if you had taken it off.

Were you that mad at him? Was this the end of you two, then? Did you want to break things off? All the questions instantly ran through his head. Asahi took the ring from the table, sitting next to you as he held your hand, slipping the ring back to its rightful place.

"I'm sorry for messing up, my love. I promise to work on my temper, but please don't hurt me by doing something like this again, okay?"

════ ⋆★⋆ ════

BANG YEDAM

When you and Yedam exchanged your promise rings, you two promised to be there for each other no matter what and always be understanding. And even though you were just as busy as Yedam, you always made time for him.

It wasn't the same with Yedam, though. No matter how early you had informed Yedam, he still couldn't make it to your graduation — and you really wanted him to be there. 

Still, you were understanding and kept your smile, informing your boyfriend that he definitely had to come to your entrance exam. But once again, Yedam couldn't make it.

This went on for a while until you felt tired. You were tired because you felt like you were the only one working for your relationship. So when you removed your promise ring and cried, Yedam felt broken. 

He knew he was to blame, and he listened to everything you had to say, kneeling in front of you as you cried harder. After everything was said and done, Yedam quietly took your ring from the floor and reached for your hand, slipping on the ring gently before wiping away your tears.

"I'm sorry, love. I really am. I know I messed up big time, but I promise I'm working on it. I'm gonna make it right, I swear."