♡ 친구, 내 남자친구 || choi hyunsuk

a/n: just a little fyi that chingu means friend or a person of the same age, and namjachingu means boyfriend while yeojachingu means girlfriend!

✩ 친구, 내 남자친구 ✩

"Noona!"

That simple word was something Hyunsuk came to hate after hearing how often it was used at the dorms whenever you visited him. Noona this, noona that. He hated how all your attention would shift from him to whichever member was calling for you.

Just one 'noona' and it was like they had some hold over you, making you drop everything you were doing to see why they needed you.

"Yeah, coming!" You yelled, sending your boyfriend an apologetic smile. "I'll be right back, babes."

Hyunsuk had enough experience with this situation of you "being right back". He knew it was at least another solid fifteen minutes before you'd return. And just like he had expected, you came twenty-three minutes later, sporting your infamous smile.

"You are the best!" You peppered Hyunsuk's face with kisses, noting he hadn't continued watching the movie. "Also, I think Doyoung needs a tutor. He sucks at math."

The blond chuckled at your comment, nodding to himself. "Why don't you tutor him, then?" He suggested. "You spend more time with them than you do with me, anyway." Those words let you know your boyfriend was being sarcastic.

"Suk, come on–"

"Noona!" Junghwan came running into the room, his smile ever-so-bright. "Ooh, Seoul Vibe? Can I watch you guys, noona?"

Hyunsuk only smiled in response, as if to prove a point. "I mean, I'm right here too, but I guess just ask your noona, right?" His sarcasm went unnoticed by the youngest, only huffing when Junghwan made himself comfortable between the two of you.

You opened your mouth to say something — anything, really — but Hyunsuk played the movie, stopping you from uttering another word. There wasn't anything you could do except smile guiltily, not wanting Junghwan to be in the middle of whatever banter you and Hyunsuk were having.

A two-hour movie had never felt longer as you waited for it to end so you could talk to your boyfriend. As soon as the movie ended, Hyunsuk walked out of the room you followed, after apologizing to Junghwan for the lack of interaction.

"Hyunsuk!" You called for the male, sighing in relief as he stopped in his tracks upon hearing your voice. "Let's talk this out, okay? Please?"

"What's there to talk about, Y/N?"

"I don't know. You tell me, Hyunsuk."

The blond paused for a moment, wondering how he was going to start. "In short, well, I find it annoying that the others get to call you noona. Call me jealous if you will, but yeah. That's my problem," he explained, shocking you.

You never would've guessed that this was his issue. You always thought he liked the fact you two were of the same age.

"I never thought about that," you admitted, your voice quiet. "Are you not happy with me being your chingu?"

Hyunsuk shook his head, frowning when he saw your pout. "No, no, it's not like that. It's just ... this is different," he muttered, realising his argument was quite childish. "When the others call you 'noona', it's just like some sort of magic word. You give all your attention when you hear that word."

You smiled at his explanation, reaching out to hold the blond's hands. Softly placing kisses on the back of his hands, you leant forward, slowly pecked his lips, a look of adoration on your face as you looked at him.

"Well, I'm glad you are my chingu ... my namjachingu."

Choi Hyunsuk's cheeks turned fifty shades of pink, flattered how you knew exactly what to say to make him feel better. Hearing that one line was enough to clear his jealousy, and he mimicked your actions before repeating your words.

"I'm very lucky to have you as my chingu too, Y/N ... my yeojachingu!"