♡ pretty you || so junghwan

✩ PRETTY YOU ✩

"Ah, fuck my life."

You cursed your luck, sitting at the bus stop while contemplating your life decisions.

Should've watched my step. You wondered, looking down at your arm that was in a cast. But I could've sworn that step wasn't there before.

After a minor accident that resulted with your arm in a cast, you were informed you had an appointment for your passport picture.

And with your roommate away for the weekend, you had absolutely no one to help you. It took you all your effort to get your clothes prim and proper, but you forgot about your hair in the process.

Upon seeing your phone's reflection, you realised you needed to be absolutely professional for the picture — and this meant having a proper hairstyle.

And as last resort, you took a deep breath, turning towards the male beside you who was also waiting for the bus. He looks nice. You wondered, politely smiling.

"Hi. I'm really sorry for disturbing you," you apologised as you greeted him. "But could you please help me tie my hair?"

So Junghwan seemed confused at first, wondering why you were asking him before he saw the cast on your arm. "I, uh, haven't really done this before," he admitted honestly, feeling bad when he saw your mood deflate. "I could try, though."

"That'd be much appreciated," you thanked him. "I have to get my passport pictures done and my roommate's also not home. I'm really sorry for troubling you like this!"

You felt terrible and weirdly enough that brought a smile on Junghwan's face. He knew you genuinely meant every word you spoke, and your politeness warmed his heart.

"I'll touch your hair now," he announced awkwardly, standing behind as he gathered your hair in his hand. "Is your fracture really bad? Does it hurt?" He asked, trying to make some conversation as he tried to figure out what to do.

"It's a minor one, but it hurts a lot more than I thought," you replied, oddly feeling comfortable with this stranger. "I'm sorry about this, really."

Junghwan chuckled, shaking his head, though you couldn't see it. "It's alright. If anything, I'm sorry if I'm doing anything wrong," he apologised. "I don't want you to ruin your picture because of me," he muttered.

His touch on your hair was very gentle, and you could feel him trying his best and you deeply appreciated that.

Once he had tied your hair, Junghwan stood in front of you, taming your flyaways before taking out his phone and turning the camera towards you.

"Wah," you exclaimed, totally in awe. "You are really good at this! Thank you very much!"

The male only smiled in response, relieved to hear his shoddy work of tying your hair was acceptable. "Well, that's a relief," he muttered, nodding politely as he moved away.

"Seriously, I mean it," you commented, grateful for the help. "It came out exactly like I would do it. I can't believe you've never done this before!"

The brunet shyly smiled as he looked at you, admiring the absolute golden retriever energy that was radiating off you.

For the time first time in his life, So Junghwan wanted to get know to someone, and the someone who pulled on his heartstrings was none other than you.

"Ah, well, I'm glad I was able to pull off a pretty hairstyle for a pretty you."

a/n: *peep the svt reference sjfdsg* also guys atp i might need y'all to remind me to update this book ToT i keep forgetting and i am terribly sorry for that