♡ stay with me || takata mashiho

STAY WTH ME 

"I can't believe you, Junkyu."

Your eyes widened in disbelief, immediately taking steps back as you walked into the café. Junkyu followed you, pulling on your arm, looking at you worriedly.

"Y/N-"

"You told me Mashiho wouldn't be here!" You held his hand as you pulled both of you out of the café before the others noticed you arrived. "Junkyu, whatever you are planning-"

"It was a last moment thing, I'm sorry. It completely slipped out of my mind. I meant to tell you," he assured, cupping your face as he tried to get you to focus on him. "Y/N, look at me. You have to suck it up, okay?"

"You try sucking it up for your ex, you jerk!" You seethed, angrily stomping on Junkyu's foot, making the male grimace as he held in the pain — because he knew he deserved it.

"I'm sorry, okay? But the others wanted to see you, so this was the only way I could get you to come. I'm really sorry, Y/N."

"You are treating me to a lot of food until I forgive you."

"Yes, Ma'am." Junkyu held back his triumphant grin as you walked back into the café, striding towards the table with a small smile despite your heart hammering against your chest.

"Noona!" Haruto and Doyoung greeted with bright smiles as they stood to give you a hug. "We missed you!" You mimicked their smiles as a reflex, ruffling their hair before you felt someone else hug you.

"Move away! Y/N is mine now!" Yoshi pushed away the younger ones, giving a brotherly smile and pinching your ear as he usually did in greeting.

"I missed all of you!" You exclaimed, taking a seat between Haruto and Yoshi, right in front of Mashiho. Your breath hitched as you heard your ex mumble 'all?' but you ignored him, deciding to enjoy the time with your friends.

Takata Mashiho and you had been dating for two years before you guys broke up. The distance between you two grew with each passing day, and you realised he had a dream to focus on — so you suggested the breakup. Neither of you wanted it, and it was evident to anyone who saw your glossy eyes as you both agreed for the mutual breakup.

You wouldn't deny it, there was still some tension between the two of you, even after three years. And you could feel it radiate as you sat in front of him. But you couldn't. Sure, Mashiho followed his dream, but he was yet to succeed. You can't hold him back, you convinced yourself as you turned your gaze to the others, smiling as you chatted with them.

You continued speaking with Doyoung as the server came to take the orders, only looking when Haruto tilted your head to look at Mashiho. As you turned, Mashiho stared at you indifferently, subtly pointing at the server.

"Vanilla frap with extra whipped cream and a Danish pastry?" Mashiho repeated the order he remembered from when you two were dating, wondering if you still had the same tastes.

Unconsciously, a smile came on your face as you nodded before you looked at the server and confirmed the order. "Yep, thank you." It surprised you at the immense control you had over your face, discreetly covering your face as you turned beet red.

Haruto noticed and gave you a hug, hiding your face in his arms. "Ah, noona! I missed you so much!" He exclaimed, giggling to himself as you pulled away, frowning adorably. "I'll expect a 'thank you' in a form of a meal," he quietly demanded, and you nodded, agreeing with his words.

"So, Y/N, how has your life been?" Yoshi asked, and you tilted your head in confusion because you were sure you had spoken about it before. "Your love life, that is."

The air was knocked right out of your lungs at his words, wondering what he was trying to get at. "Me? Oh, no. No love life for me," you awkwardly answered, turning your attention towards Doyoung when he gasped.

"Really, noona? For three years?" He inquired, and your eyes widened, seeing Mashiho with a similar expression as you looked at the younger at his not-so-subtle shade.

"I don't go out as much, you know? College life is tough on a budget and ..." Junkyu saw how uncomfortable you looked, and immediately took out his phone, dialing your number, causing your phone to ring. You looked down, silently thanking Junkyu as you gave a forced smile to the others. "... I'm sorry, I have to take this, guys."

You literally had never moved so fast in your entire life, moving over Yoshi and rushing outside to the café, holding your phone to your ear as you pretended to answer the call. However, Mashiho noticed everything. From the way you were uncomfortable to Junkyu's call distraction; he saw it all.

He sighed internally, not even wanting to question what his friends were thinking about. He saw your coat on your seat, and looked out the café, realising you had ventured out in the cold. Grabbing his own coat, Mashiho jumped over Junkyu, leaving his friends without saying where he was going.

But the others already knew where.

Takata Mashiho made his way towards the back of the café, knowing you were definitely in the alleyway at the back, as this was a frequent establishment you visited to know about the spot. Just as he suspected, he saw you leaning against the wall, covering your face with one hand as the other wrapped around your torso. He walked towards you, making his presence known by clearing his throat before he placed his coat around your shoulders, silently making you wear it properly.

"M-Mash-shiho," you stammered, not really wanting to face him when you had a hard time controlling your emotions. Your words kept fumbling as you tried to assure him you were doing fine, but alas, everything you said was just a bunch of meaningless mumbles.

Takata Mashiho was completely overwhelmed, unable to hold himself as he saw your rosy cheeks in the cold, and the way you stuttered while avoiding his gaze; he was a mess. He went with his gut feeling, cupping your face in his hands as he leant in, placing a soft kiss on your lips.

His heart dropped as he felt your hands on his chest, pushing him away slowly. "We shouldn't do this, Mashiho." Your grip on his shirt tightened, and he looked at you, seeing your teary gaze. "You still have a lot more to go. I can't distract you from your dream and-"

"But who cares, Y/N? I don't mind it at all," he retorted, cutting you off as he ran his thumb over your lips. "You aren't a distraction. In fact, I think I have been more distracted for the past three years without you than when you were with me."

Your eyes darted towards his lips, wanting nothing more than to feel them against your lips again. "But, Mashi-" You closed your eyes, trying to flush whatever thoughts you had out of your brain.

"I really need you, Y/N," Mashiho emphasized, straining his voice as he tried to get his point across. "And I hope you need me too. Please, stay with me." You looked at him, throwing everything away as you leant forward, closing the space between the two of you as you kissed him.

You poured all your mixed feelings that had accumulated over the past years into that one kiss. You missed him so much that you didn't even know how much you wanted him at that moment. You smiled into the kiss as he placed his hands on your waist, pulling you closer as he gave into the kiss with a smile of his own.

"I won't ever let you go again, Y/N. I don't care what happens, just stay with me."

"I'll stay with you, Takata Mashiho."