♡ my idiot princess || bang yedam

MY IDIOT PRINCESS 

"Woah, princess. Is the concept today a hobo?"

Yedam joked, walking away from his friends to make you the target of his daily teasing.

"Considering you still called me princess, I'm sure I don't look that bad," you murmured, sighing as the male blocked your way. "What do you want now, Yedam?"

"Aw, come on. You'll always be my idiot princess, Y/N." Yedam laughed, throwing his arms around your shoulder, much to your dismay. "I wanted you to come to the match this weekend. You'll come, right?"

You sighed again, pulling away from his touch. "I was gonna, but now that you asked me, I don't wanna come anymore." You bit back your smile, seeing the way Yedam frowned at your words.

"Damn, princess, you really hurt my heart."

"Keep this up, and it'll be your face next."

Rolling your eyes, you pushed Yedam's hand, adjusting your bag as you walked away. "Wait, princess! Look!" He called out, successfully grabbing your attention as you turned to look at him.

Yedam gave the biggest smile he could muster, hiding his hands behind his back before he brought them forward, showing to two little finger-hearts he made with his thumbs and index fingers.

You mimicked his smile and his gesture, hiding your hands before bringing them forward with the same gusto — except you flipped him off and gave him a salute.

***

"Take these drinks to the changing rooms, will you, Y/N? Thank you so much!"

Your teacher pushed you away from the field, handing you a plastic bag filled with various drinks. Shrugging to yourself, you didn't see the harm and left towards the changing rooms for your school's football players, wanting to quickly hand them off before Yedam could target you again.

For the past week, even though Bang Yedam was busy with practice — it didn't seem like that to you. If anything, you felt like you had seen him a lot more than usual, tired of his constant teasing and cheeky antics. But something that confused you was that you were never annoyed with his behaviour.

Sure, it got tiring at some point — but at the same time, you never wished for him to stop or anything. Yedam was annoyingly endearing, and after all these months of getting teased by him, he had made himself a special place in your heart. But what you didn't know was that you too had taken over Bang Yedam's heart.

Finding the changing room, you knocked a few times before opening the door, entering when you didn't see anyone. "Hey, is there–" You were cut off by loud cheering, along with a bucket of water being dumped on you.

"CONGRATS, CAPTAIN!"

The realization of you not being the team's captain hit quite later than anyone would've guessed, causing the high-school footballers to blankly stare at you while some others seemed confused.

"Y/N?" Yedam's voice came from the side, and seeing the empty bucket in his hand, you let out the umpteenth sigh you had let out in your entire life, biting your lip as you held in your anger. "Let's go," he stated, pulling on your hand as he left the room, taking you to a secluded corner of the hallway.

"I swear, Yedam, I don't know what you–"

"Our captain got scouted by some college, so we congratulated him ... you know, footballer-style." The male could barely make eye-contact, cheeks burning pink in embarrassment. "I'm sorry about that, really. Here you go." He took off his letterman jacket and handed it to you while looking around for anyone in the hallway.

It didn't take you a second to realise why Yedam wasn't looking at you, and especially with the way he handed you his jacket, you figured it out. Curse your school's white sports t-shirts. Looking down and seeing your white shirt now almost see-through, you quickly took the jacket, wearing it immediately without another word.

"The drinks are in the changing rooms. Go get something. I'll go now."

"Uh, yeah sure. But, um, dry yourself off in the washroom a bit, though. You'll get sick otherwise."

You were surprised at his concern, nodding as you walked away. "I'll do that now." You gave a slight smile, fisting your hands. "I don't know if you have any pre-game superstitions, but uh, good luck for today. Wish you all the best!" You stated as you walked backwards, watching as Yedam gave his usual bright smile.

"I got all my luck in my cleats, so don't worry. But you have to cheer for me, princess."

***

The game had everyone at the edge of their seats, not really sure whether they were gonna take home the win. It was an inter-school match, and your school had its fair share of wins and losses, but learning that the football team's captain would get a confirmation from his scouts made you worry immensely for the team.

So far, only the captain and Yedam were scoring the most — along with a lot of help from their teammates. Whenever your team scored a goal, the other school's team scored one as well. It kept coming at a tie, and you could've sworn you felt your heartbeat ringing in your ears with all the tension.

You held onto your best friend's hand as Yedam ran with the ball, kicking it into the goal once he got close enough. But he missed. "What the hell?! That was a clear shot!" You stood from your seat, eyes widened in shock. "Bang Yedam! Wear your bloody contacts, you idiot!" You yelled, the school spirit and competitiveness getting to your head.

"Dude, calm down." Your best friend pulled you to your seat, covering your mouth whenever you got frustrated with the players. "I know you are wearing Yedam's letterman, and that's probably increasing your school spirit, but please, sit down and shut up."

Yedam spotted you in the bleachers, smiling at the frown you had on your face before giving you a lazy salute. "Smile, idiot. I got this!" He mouthed slowly so you could understand him even though you were far away.

He was right. He got it. He won the game.

Along with his captain, Yedam executed a game plan and got two consecutive goals in the last few minutes, winning the game for their school. As all the students ran to the ground to congratulate the team, your best friend dragged you closer, watching as the players and students pick up the MVPs of the game; the captain and Yedam.

You froze in your place as Yedam was carried by the others, getting a clear view of the bottom of his cleats. Your name was written on the bottom of his shoes, and suddenly you remembered what he had told you when you wished him for the game.

I got all my luck in my cleats, so don't worry. By luck, did he mean you — since he wrote your name?

With the way your best friend looked at you, you could safely assume you weren't dreaming. And the stares from students around you only confirmed your suspicions. Not wanting to be the center of attention, you hurried away from the celebrating crowd, making your way into the school hallways and walking without a destination in mind.

"Y/N! Y/N!" You heard a familiar voice call out for you, immediately stopping in your step as you realised it was Yedam. "Are you leaving already? They are celebrating in the assembly hall!"

You turned around slowly, blinking rapidly as you found it difficult to maintain eye-contact. "Oh? I don't know ... uh, assembly hall, huh?" You kept fiddling with the jacket you wore — his jacket. "Um, congrats on your win! You did well!"

"Of course, I told you I'd win because I got all my luck in my cleats." Yedam smiled as he spoke, causing you to take a deep breath, not knowing if you should address the situation. "I wrote your name under them, after all. That's why I always win every game."

"Yedam, I–"

"You don't have to give me an answer right away. You'll always be my idiot princess, and I'll wait for you no matter how long it takes."