♡ brother's best friend || park jihoon

✩ BROTHER'S BEST FRIEND ✩

"Hey, hey, hey! Look, it's my favorite best friend's sister!"

It was almost two weeks of Park Jihoon visiting you whenever he could to brighten up your day and fill in for your brother.

Ever since your brother, Kim Junkyu, left for work, you were a mess. And Jihoon knew that — which was why he volunteered to check on you every so often before his best friend could even ask the favour.

Jihoon could never admit it to Junkyu, but the truth was he had a crush on you — and just couldn't bear to see you so sad. But little by little with his visits, he brought a smile on your face.

And little by little, you started falling for your brother's best friend.

You never really meant to, but with Jihoon being so caring, there was no way you could stop yourself from liking him. Sure, he was your brother's best friend, and if your brother found out, he'd probably end you both, but that problem would never arise.

Because you were so damn sure nothing would ever happen between you two.

"Junkyu said you cried during your video-call with him earlier." Jihoon sat next to you, his voice soft. "You know, we can talk about it. It'll just be between us, I promise."

This was exactly why you kept falling for your brother's best friend; he was an absolute gem.

"When we were together, Junkyu would nag me every day, but now it's not as often," you muttered. "Weirdly enough, I miss it."

"Well, I mean, I can always nag you. You know, just consider me your big brother. I'm your brother's best friend, anyway, right?" Jihoon bit his lip, regretting his choice of words as soon as they left his lips.

"There's no need for that, Jihoon." You scoffed, shaking your head. "I have no intention of considering you as my brother."

The male raised his brows, surprised by your response. "Oh? Then what do you want to consider me as? Your boyfriend?" He playfully responded, leaning closer to your face as he grinned.

"W-What? No, I–"

"Your husband?!" Jihoon enjoyed the way the heat rushed to your cheeks, feeling his heart flutter when you pouted at him. "Woah, I didn't think you'd have such long-term plans with me."

You chuckled, wanting to give him a taste of his own medicine. "Of course, I planned for the long-term, Park Jihoon." You leant closer, smile never fading. "I also came up with baby names. Wanna hear?" You quipped.

The seriousness in your voice paired with the proximity of your faces was too much for Jihoon, causing him to choke on air as you laughed, satisfied with the outcome. You had played an uno reverse on your brother's best friend, and he seemed to believe every word.

"W-Wait, are you for real?" He couldn't help but ask, not having noted the sarcasm behind your voice. "Like, baby names and all?"

You stood from your place, walking towards the door before looking back. Jihoon followed your steps, the clueless look on his face giving you butterflies with how adorable he looked.

"Take me out on a date first and we can find out if the baby names are real."

a/n: wHeN i wALk iN tHE WaLK In tHe wAlK iN ThE StREeT oktylybye