♡ marry you || bang yedam

✩ MARRY YOU ✩

It was the perfect day to propose.

The sun was shining; the birds were chirping, and you were absolutely sure of your feelings for your boyfriend.

You and Yedam had been dating for almost five years, and even though you knew you two were still young, you wanted to propose.

It was just a proposal, after all. You weren't asking to get married that second. Maybe in a year, or two ... or ten.

"You've brought me to the woods," Yedam claimed, smiling teasingly. "Are you going to kill me?"

You laughed, shaking your head. Yedam has always been the clueless one in your relationship, and it was no surprise how oblivious he was now, too.

You'd been hinting about proposals for the past few weeks, and he never caught on to the hints, always focusing on something else.

It was no surprise to you, really.

This was the exact guy who was surprised when you asked him to be your boyfriend because he thought you guys were always dating.

Yep, oblivious and clueless indeed.

"I wouldn't kill you now," you joked. "Maybe after we are married, so I can claim your life insurance."

Yedam chuckled. "Ah, so I am being killed," he stated. "Just not now." He intertwined your hands, swinging them as you two walked.

A massive hint, yet the man remained clueless.

The two of you finally got towards a clearing in the woods, overlooking the little town you two grew up in.

It was quite a sentimental moment for you as you took in the view, realizing you had come so far with Yedam and were about to take the next biggest step in both your lives.

"Yedam-ah, the reason I brought you here today," you paused, taking a breath to calm yourself, "is because I wanted to ask you something."

Yedam turned away from the view to look at you, an oblivious smile on his face.

"The location and view seem romantic," he stated, "are you going to propose, Y/N?"

You could tell he was trying to tease you with the way he smiled, but not getting a response from you gave away that it was indeed the reason you had brought him there.

"Wait ... you are not saying no."

"I am not."

"Oh, fuck." Yedam had a look of horror on his face as he realized he had just ruined the surprise for himself. "No, I ruined it! Do it again!"

You chuckled, amused by your boyfriend's reactions. "Babe, it's fine–" You tried to console him, but he was already pacing around.

"No, no, no." He shook his head, adamant. "You are gonna tell me you have to ask me something again, and I will not jump to conclusions and let you ask the question."

"Love, it's–"

The brunet was already running away, hiding behind a tree as he attempted to fix the proposal he just messed up.

"What are you doing, love?"

"Restarting!" He yelled from behind the tree. "Now, call me out, and let's start from the top."

You smiled, knowing then and there that you were making the best decision of your life.

Of course, you wanted to marry Bang Yedam. How could you not?

"Hey, love. I wanted to ask you something." You played along, stifling your giggles as you watched him peek his head from behind the tree.

His cherry red ears didn't go unnoticed as he looked at you, making it harder for you not to laugh. "Yeah, babe. What's up?" He asked, trying to be as nonchalant as he could.

Just like you had planned, you held onto your boyfriend's hands before kneeling on the ground. Smiling as you looked into his eyes, you asked the question he already knew was coming.

"Would you do me the greatest honor and marry me, Bang Yedam?"

The brunet smiled brightly, tears glistening in his eyes as he nodded. "Of course, I will. You redid an entire proposal for me after all," he said, pulling you up towards him. "How could I ever say no?"

Yep, it was indeed the perfect day to propose.