♡ graduation confession || kim doyoung

✩ GRADUATION CONFESSION ✩

"You have got to be kidding me. This is ridiculous."

You muttered to yourself, frowning at the rearrangement of desks in your classroom.

Not thinking much of it, you searched for your name tag and took your seat. The tables were in pairs, and you couldn't really be bothered by who your seatmate could be.

Whoever it was, they'd probably distract you, and you couldn't afford that. Especially when you were graduating in a couple of months.

You needed to do your best to get good grades, and distractions were a no-no.

Just as you settled into your seat, a bunch of love-struck sighs grabbed your attention. You didn't even have to look to see who it was.

Kim Doyoung walked into the class, instantly getting everyone's attention. His good looks were always the talk of the town, and it didn't help that he was absolutely great at everything he did, either.

Academics, extracurriculars; you name it, he's an ace at it.

As you were about to go back to reading your notes, your gaze met his, sending a chill down your spine with the way he looked at you.

You looked at the desk on your side, quickly scanning the table to read the name sticker on it.

"Kim Doyoung," you muttered under your breath. "As I live and breathe."

You never knew exactly why you came to hate him so much. You weren't losing to him or anything. In fact, you always came first. But the fact that he was always competing with you in everything just pissed you off till the ends of the earth.

"Y/N." Doyoung gave his signature smile. "Lovely to see you, as always."

Ugh, there was the thing you hated the most about him.

Doyoung was never rude to you — even when he teased you, he had that stupid smile on his face, which made your heart skip a beat.

"I'd say the same thing," you muttered, sighing as you looked at your books. "But then I'd be lying."

Doyoung chuckled. "We are gonna graduate soon, princess." He leaned his face against his hand, his gaze locked on you. "I suppose you can be a tad bit nicer to me?" He asked.

You looked at him, ignoring the way his nickname for you made you feel. "I suppose I can..." You pretended to contemplate. "But I can't, so I won't."

"Ah ... the next couple of months are gonna be great."

|<><><><><><>|

Much to your dismay, you spent more time with Kim Doyoung than you'd like; be it for class projects or sports teams. Wherever you went, Doyoung was right behind you ... or in front of you, or even beside you.

He was everywhere.

You, along with some others, were currently waiting for Doyoung to arrive at the auditorium. Everyone was assigned to groups for a drama club project, and oh-so-surprisingly, your academic rival was also in the same group.

Just as you were about to call him, the door to the auditorium opened with a crash, revealing the brunet. "Sorry, I'm late, guys! Picked up a little something for y'all!" He exclaimed, running towards you with bags in his hands.

You simply took a deep breath, not wanting to waste any words to express your annoyance. "Okay, let's get started," you announced, pulling out the clipboard with all the ideas your teammates had.