♡ ice-cream store oneesan || watanabe haruto

✩ ICE-CREAM STORE ONEESAN ✩

"Airi! Airi! Where are you?!"

Haruto was panicking, not knowing where his sister had wandered while he had gone to get her the balloon she had been eyeing when they passed the vendor.

"Shit, shit!" Haruto had his hands in his hair, frustrated at the situation as he tried to find his little sister. "Where did you go off to, Airi?" He muttered, running around the park frantically.

The tall male retraced his steps, going back to where he had left his sister before he went towards the balloon vendor. I told her to stay, and she usually listens ... so where is she? He thought, feeling his chest tighten at the horrible thought of his sister being kidnapped.

No, it's not possible. This is a public place. Kids don't get kidnapped in parks, right?

Just as Haruto took out his phone to inform his parents, the familiar ringtone rang, and he looked down, seeing an unknown number. Am I getting a ransom call right now? Has Airi really been kidnapped? He couldn't help but let his mind run wild, his heart erratically beating as he answered the call.

"Hello?" A soft female voice was heard on the other line, and Haruto held his breath, hearing the words that followed. "Watanabe-san? Ah! Watanabe Haruto-san? Is your sister, perhaps, Watanabe Airi?" The voice asked, and Haruto vigorously nodded before realizing you couldn't see him.

"Yes, yes! Please, tell me she is there with you!"

"Yes, she is! There is an ice-cream parlor next to the bicycle renting place. Do you know that place, or should I come to you?"

Haruto shook his head again before he replied. "No, no. I know the place. I will be right there!" He ran as quickly as his long legs would take him, somehow automatically knowing where to go.

The male let out a sigh as he came across the ice-cream parlor, walking inside before looking around. His eyes landed on the familiar figure of his sister sitting at a table, deliciously eating away a cold treat you had served for her as you waited for her brother.

Upon seeing the ash-green-haired male enter the ice-cream parlor, you stood from your seat, getting ready to greet him as an usual customer, but seeing his frantic gaze and slight resemblances to the little girl you just met made you recognise him.

"Watanabe-san?" You greeted, a warm smile on your face as you gestured towards his sister. "I'm sorry, but I gave her an ice-cream. Is that fine? It's on the house, though! Don't worry, I just–" Your words were cut off as Haruto wrapped his arms around you, embracing you in a hug, which took you by surprise.

Why is he hugging me ... and not his sister?

Haruto snapped out of his daze, apologizing profusely as he pulled away. "I'm so sorry about that, but uh, thank you very much for finding Airi. I thought I lost her," he explained, and you nodded, having some understanding about how a sibling would feel. "Seriously, I thought she was kidnapped."

"Oh, no." A small laugh escaped your lips before shaking your head and covering your face with your hands. "Our store gives freebies at certain times throughout the day, so when the announcement is heard, people usually rush in here."

"Oh ..."

"Airi was caught with the crowd and came here. She looked lost, so I thought maybe she couldn't just decide a flavor, but then she told me she was waiting for her brother to buy her a balloon and started crying," you explained, smiling at the balloon the male had tied onto his wrist. "I called you as soon as I could get your number from her. And also gave her a treat because ice cream makes everyone feel better!"

Haruto smiled endearingly at the way you spoke, feeling his heart threaten to pound out of his chest. Ah, kawaii. She's so cute. He thought, pulling himself together as he took ahold of his sister's hand after she finished eating.

"Thank you for helping me find my brother, ice-cream store oneesan!" Airi hugged you, and you crouched so you could properly hug the youngest. The Watanabe siblings must like hugging. "You are seriously the best!"

Unable to help yourself, you pinch the younger's cheeks, giggling. "And you are seriously the cutest!" You cooed. "Please be careful, though, Airi-ya. Always hold on to your brother's hand, okay? Don't get lost again! Otherwise, this oneesan will also be very sad." You smiled as the female earnestly nodded, waving to you as she left the store.

As Haruto left the park, he could only think about visiting again. Just to see the ice-cream store oneesan his sister came to like within a short amount of time — because he felt like he did too.