♡ the seven stages || park jeongwoo

✩ THE SEVEN STAGES OF FALLING FOR YOUR BEST FRIEND ✩

ACT ONE — PROMISES

"You know, it's crazy how one day we could be hanging out on the rooftop for the last time and we wouldn't even know it."

You muttered, hugging your knees as you turned to look at your best friend, Park Jeongwoo.

He scoffed. "Like I'd ever let you stop having our daily catchup sessions on the roof," he quipped, shaking his head. "You are stuck with me forever, love." Jeongwoo smiled, reaching out as he invited you into his embrace.

"Well, good." You chuckled, finding solace between the brunet's arms. "Because I'm not going anywhere, Woo."

"Ooh, is that a promise, missy?" Jeongwoo inquired, raising his brows.

You smiled, nodding. "Yeah. We are gonna be besties forever and always." You never felt more sure about anything than when you made the promise while watching the moon.

"Forever and always, indeed."

ACT TWO — OBLIVIOUSNESS

Out of all the drama club traditions, Melancholy Mondays were definitely Jeongwoo's favorite.

It was when the drama club would get together and watch a movie that would somehow have most of their members in tears. And as sadistic as it sounded, Jeongwoo enjoyed those days the most.

Why, you may ask?

Well, it was because there was something about you crying like a baby while being held by Jeongwoo that did things to his heart.

He always waved it off as finding you adorable — which was without a doubt the truth — but there was something else to it too.

But Jeongwoo just couldn't put his finger on what that feeling was.

Just like clockwork, every Monday, Park Jeongwoo sat right beside you, enveloping his arms around you while you watched the drama club's weekly sad movie, wiping away your tears as if it were his profession.

"Why would he do that?" You cried, gripping tightly onto your best friend's shirt. "They could've been so good together."

Jeongwoo nodded, patting your head softly. "Could they, though?" He asked quietly. "He loved her enough to know it was the right thing to do. I would do the same, honestly," he muttered.

You turned to look at your friend, your lips quivering at the thought of him not being there for you ever again. "Don't say that." You teared up instantly, sobbing as you were pulled into his embrace.

Jeongwoo winced, regretting his choice of words. "Shit, I'm sorry. You know, I didn't mean it like that," he apologized.

Sumin chuckled as he saw the two best friends, exchanging knowing glances with Jinsik. "You can't tell me they aren't dating." He raised his brows, skeptical.

"You'll be surprised." Jinsik laughed. "That's how they usually are."

"Like a couple?" Sumin inquired, shocked at the response.

"Exactly like a couple."

ACT THREE — PROTECTIVENESS

"Wow, such a gentleman you are." You scoffed, frowning at your monitor, as you listened to the unsolicited curses from a fellow gamer. "Could you speak one sentence without a curse word in it?"

Jeongwoo paused his game as he looked up from his phone, brows furrowed in concern. "Hey, love. What's wrong?" He inquired, immediately at your side.

You pushed the mic upward with a sigh. "The guy's just a sore loser. He started cursing everyone out, and when I told him to stop, he just targeted me," you explained.