♡ be mine? again? || watanabe haruto

a/n: this was a request on tumblr, and i was kinda busy, so some of the parts here are excerpts from HANBYUL. 

BE MINE? AGAIN? ✩

"I can't believe this."

"I know! It's been a year since we started dating, and I still couldn't get you something nice." Haruto pouted, grumpy about the fact he couldn't buy you a gift.

"No, idiot. I can't believe it's been one year already."

"Well, time flies by quickly when you are sneaking around."

You sighed at your boyfriend's words, nodding along. You two first came across each other when Haruto came from Japan to participate in YG TREASURE BOX. They needed someone to interpret what the producers were saying to the trainees and somehow a staff member happened to find you.

Your mother is Japanese, while your father was Korean. Both languages were used at home, so you picked up on them from a young age. When you were calling your parents, a staff noticed how you flawlessly switched between the languages, and asked if you could interpret for the new trainees.

Being a trainee yourself – and hearing lots of rumors about YGTB – you wanted to get an experience. You learnt that your CEO was going to be there, and other big producers, so you could get in their comments and see what kind of talent you were looking for and train yourself according to those standards.

Well, fast forward to six months after being an interpreter, Haruto was completely smitten by you and so were you. After a lot of painful flirting, the male asked you out to which you agreed, but since you two were young – and still trainees – you kept your relationship a secret, not wanting to cause trouble.

"I heard rumors about a new girl group, is it true?" Haruto asked, looking to see if anyone was around before scooting inside a hallway, away from the lighted rooms.

You nodded, sighing deeply. "Yeah, it's true. But we don't know how long it's going to take with the given issues going around. They said something about putting both of your units together and debuting as TREASURE, too."

"Mhm, our debut is said to be somewhere around August. But about the group ... did they mention any potential members?" Haruto wanted you to debut at the same time as him, since it would mean your groups would get to interact more. Despite the bright and supportive smiles, he knew how difficult it was for you to behave that way, since you too were a trainee who worked really hard.

"Yeah. Jinnie, Denise and I are part of the list. We don't know if there's going to be anyone else."

"Well, it's fine. As long as you-" Haruto got cut off by someone calling out your name.

"Y/N! Y/N!" You held a finger over your lips, signaling the male to be quiet, coming out of your hiding place before they searched around.

"I'm here! I was walking around. Is there anything you wanted?" You asked, seeing it was your team's manager, beckoning you over to her.

"Come with me."

***

The world turned into a blur, and so did all the sounds. The taste. The smell. Everything was just gone.

You paused, trying to hold back the strange feelings rumbling inside you but you couldn't. A lone tear traced down your cheek, and just like that, the floodgates opened. So many tears burst forth like water from a dam, spilling down your face.

Your chin trembled as if you was a small child. You breathed heavier than you ever had before. You were gasping for air that simply wasn't there. Your throat burned forming a silent scream.