ninety-three -part 2

15th November
Emily's 15th birthday

📍Rosarío , Argentina 🇦🇷

"I MISS YOU and i'll forever keep you in my heart" Emily said and placed a last kiss on her mother's gravestone before putting a red rose in the vase. she walked over to where Leo was standing and he wrapped his arms around her.

"she would've been proud of how much you've grown in these last few months" he said and Emily nodded her head in agreement. she knew all her mother wanted was to be at her crown birthday, but unfortunately nothing worked out the way they wanted.

after all the tears and depressive episodes that she had shared with herself multiple times , Emily had started to make peace with her mother's death. she knew that she'll forever miss and love her mother and that nothing can heal that spot Valentina had in her heart , but Emily was starting to make peace with it.

the duo walked to Leo's car and Emily climbed into the passenger seat and buckled herself in. she wiped stray tears that fell on her cheeks before Leo could see and he climbed in the driver's seat and started the car.

"you don't mind if i put in my airpods , right?" Emily asked her father who shook his head. the last thing she wanted to do was be rude and put her airpods in while he was talking.

"no , go ahead" Leo said and Emily nodded her head and clicked shuffle on her playlist , laying her head against the seat when Pride by Kendrick Lamar started playing.

it wasn't her usual music taste since she liked artists like Taylor Swift , Lana Del Rey , Ruel and Ed Sheeran and Spanish Artist, but she came across this song on one random day and for some reason , it was so calming for her.

she bopped her head slightly with the lyrics as she looked out of the window as the car drove.

she hadn't talked to anyone back in Barcelona yet because she was so busy with a paper that she needed to do. infact , she hasn't been on social media since this morning and that made Emily unlock her phone and go on Instagram.

she scrolled through the app , smiling whenever she saw that someone tagged her, wished her a happy birthday or anything.

she then uploaded a photo that Violet and Molina took and instantly , the notifications spilled on her screen. Emily paused the song and put her notifications off since it was getting kind of irritating.

she put her phone back on her lap and took her airpods out just as they drove into the driveway, past the guards.

"i'm so hungry , i could eat a cow" Emily muttered and Leo smiled and shook his head.

as soon as the car went to a standstill , Emily unbuckled herself , grabbed her necessities and her backpack and exited the car.

Leo did the same and handed the keys to another guard to park it safely. Emily put her backpack and gifts she got from her friends and put it on the L-shaped couch before walking to the kitchen where her stepmom was.

"hey, how was school?" Antonella asked , making pink lemonade. "it was surprisingly good" Emily said ,walking over to the fridge , her brown eyes catching some leftover mushroom pie.

she immediately smiled and pulled the pie out of the fridge just as Leo walked into the kitchen. "want some?" Emily asked and he nodded his head. "yes , is that even a question?" Leo asked and Emily grabbed two plates for them.

"how was it at your mami's grave?" Antonella asked as Emily put the pie on the plates. "it was okay , i'm just glad i'm closer to her grave now" Emily spoke and Antonella nodded her head with a smile.