fourty.

present.

IT WAS MONDAY, which meant that the social worker was there last evening. it was a blonde woman who entered the house and all that Emily wanted was for her to leave.

the woman was pressurising , asking all sorts of questions and even though Emily knew it was her job , she just wanted the woman to leave and never come back.

now , she was currently sat in her calculus class , doing some math problems in her book. she already missed the little guys and felt like she didn't spend enough time with them anymore — Ciro didn't fail to mention it.

she was about to finish the rest of her work when she heard Amelia. "Emmie" she whispered the girl's new nickname.

Emily turned her head to watch the girl. "what's the answer?" she whispered again and Emily gave the girl a look.

"it's 12a²" Emily said and Amelia nodded her head before writing it down and Emily just shook her head at the girl.

lunch came by very quickly and Emily hurriedly made her way to her and Delfi's usual seat.  Delfina sat with some carrots in her hands and dipped it in the hummus.

"finally" Emily said and sat down on the chair , facing Delfi. "how was class?'' Delfi asked and Emily shrugged , popping a blueberry in her mouth.

"the worst. I had Calc and i couldn't concentrate" she said and Delfi raised a brow. ''why not? your mind drifting off to a certain curly head?" she asked.

Emily blushed but rolled her eyes. "no ,i had to help Amelia with some of the math" she replied and Delfi nodded her head in understanding.

soon , the tall , model-like girl strolled over to their table with her lunch in hand. "sorry , i had to go to the restroom" she spoke and bit into her apple.

"no worries" Emily said. Delfina looked up from her lunch. "you're going to the game tonight , right?" Delfina asked Emily and the girl nodded.

"I have to" she shrugged. "what game?" Amelia asked as she took a fork full of her salad. "a football game at Camp Nou" Emily answered.

"Em's dad is playing" Delfi added and Amelia's eyes widened. "no way really? who?" she asked and Delfi glanced at Emily.

"Leo Messi" Delfina said softly and Amelia's eyebrows raised to the roof. "what? you're Leo Messi's new daughter?" Amelia asked and Emily nodded.

Delfina frowned at the girl. "yeah she is. why do you say that as if it could be impossible?" the younger girl asked with a raised brow.

Amelia glanced at Emily and then at Delfi. "no..i didn't mean it like that..." she spoke and Emily sighed.

"it's fine. i need to go to the game and support my team" Emily said and ate her lunch. after a little bit of silence , Amelia spoke up.

"can i go with you guys?" Amelia asked and Delfi looked at her. "sure" Emily answered. "cool. free tickets?" she smirked.

"no. your mom is a model. I'm sure she has money" at Delfi's words , Amelia grew quiet. "Delfina" Emily said and gave her best friend a look.

"i have to go to the bathroom'' Amelia said , getting up and leaving her tray of food behind. Emily looked at Delfi.

"what was that?" she asked and Delfina shrugged. "she was trying to get free stuff after she found out about you being Leo's daughter. I don't want her using you"

"Delfi i would never let that happen." Emily said. "so you won't give her free tickets?" Delfina asked and Emily shook her head. "no , trust me. but i have to go check on her" Emily said and went to the bathroom to look for Amelia.

she walked into the bathroom stall where Amelia was applying her lipgloss in the mirror. "oh hey" Amelia said as soon as she saw Emily.

"i want to apologise for Delfi's words earlier" Emily spoke and Amelia waved it off. "no worries" she answered.

"so...no free tickets?" Amelia asked and Emily shook her head. "I'm afraid i can't" she answered and Amelia nodded her head.

"that's okay. come on , our food's already cold"

•••

in the Messi household , everyone was ready for the game. the night time was slowly approachimg as the family all jumped in the car with their Barca jerseys on.

"who's going to win tonight?" Emily asked with a smile. "papa!" Ciro yelled the loudest and Emily kissed his forehead.

Delfi was already there with her parents and Amelia had gotten her own ticket , but Emily asked Antonella if she could sit with them for the game.

"so...how's Amelia?" Antonella asked Emily about her newfound friend. "honestly , i don't know." Emily said and Anto raised a brow.

"what? is she mean?" the woman asked. "no it's just...she was so sweet when we first met and after we told her about me and Leo and how we were....related , it's like she can't stop talking about it" Emily explained.

"maybe she's just shocked that he is your father , who also happens to be well known footballer" Anto suggested. "yeah , her mom's also a model who has the same mame as me" Emily added.

"i'd like to meet her and i'll tell you what i think about her. mother's instinct" Antonella said and shot her a wink to which Emily gratefully smiled.

they arrrived at the stadium , walking up to where the family of footballers were sat.

"Emily" Sofi said and stood up to hug the girl to which she accepted. she also greeted Luis and the two boys.

"Amelia , you made it" Emily looked at Amelia who gave her a smile. "of course" she said.

"are you sure you're not gonna get cold? I can offer you a jacket..." Emily trailed off as she sat next to Mateo and Ciro.

"no , the outfit has to be seen" Amelia smirked as she pointed at her black tube top and black ripped shorts.

"only if you're fine" Emily said. Delfi came towards them and smiled when she saw Emily. "you're here. I missed you" Delfi said and went to sit directly next to Emily.

"i missed you too" Emily said. she and Delfi couldn't be away from each other for more than 24 hours.

"so...aren't you gonna introduce me?" Amelia asked as she pointed to Anto who was scrolling through her phone.

"oh uh ,Anto" Emily called and the woman looked up. "this is Amelia , Amelia this is Anto" she introduced them.

"mucho gusto" Antonella said and Amelia nodded her head and looked away to the pitch.

Emily just looked at Anto and the woman gave her a look. Emily sat back and watched the game , trying to ignore the small glare Delfina was sending Amelia's way.

—––—–