twenty-nine.

present.

THE STADIUM WAS packed. the seats were filled and the water was spraying on the grass. it was the most beautiful thing Emily had seen.

as she sat next to Antonella on one of the seats , she got a wave of nostalgia from the time her mom took her to a football match back in Argentina.

she grabbed her phone out of her front pocket and decided to take pictures of the stadium. it was just that beautiful.

once she was satisfied with the pictures , she put the phone off and placed it in her lap. she leaned back into the chair and saw Antonella smile at her.

"it's beautiful , right?" she asked and Emily nodded her head with a smile. "it sure is" she replied to Anto.

"when is it starting?" she asked the woman who looked at her watch. "in about...10 minutes" she replied and Emily nodded her head in understanding.

people were filling the seats behind them and Antonella greeted them. Emily just smiled at them before turning back on her seat. those were the families of the other players.

"I ordered some iced tea" Antonella said and Emily nodded her head as she watched Ciro making himself comfortable between his mom and his sister.

"¿Estás bien?" Emily asked him and he smiled at her and nodded his head. Emily melted at each sight of him. he was so adorable.

a man in a suit came towards them and handed Antonella a bag to which she gratefully took.

she took out two iced tea cup and three juice boxes. Emily took the iced tea and took a sip. she almost groaned at the peach flavoured drink because it was just so good.

the soft music that played in the background suddenly stopped and Emily knew the game was about to begin.

the opposite team walked out one by one in a straight line in their white and red stripped kits.

then Barcelona's team walked out in their home kit and Emily smiled once she recognised her father , even from the far distance.

Emily took another sip of her drink and watched as they all stood in their positions , ready to kick off.

she watched the game in anticipation , watching her father's every move. he was a talented player and Emily smiled at the fact that one of her siblings— if not all— will be on that pitch someday.

she watched as Leo kicked the ball to a taller guy and mentally cursed when the guy loses the ball to the opposite team.

and just like that , in a swift moment , Atletico Madrid scored , kicking the ball into Fc Barcelona's net.

the fans of Atletico screamed and cheered at the goal and the fact that they were leading with 1.

the players , aswell as the fans of Barcelona sighed and murmered among each other.

"papa will score! watch" Mateo said , letting Emily crack a smile. they were so invested in this , it was cute.

the hype died down for Atletico once Barcelona had the ball in their possesion again.

Emily could hear the crowd and herself take in a breath when Leo kicked the ball to another guy and he ran with it.

he sprinted towards Atletico's net and kicked the ball , pass the goalkeeper and into the back of the net.

Emily smiled and the crowd went wild as Barcelona was now level with Atletico. she watched as Leo and the other teammates praised the guy for his amazing goal.

she heard the boys clap their hands at the goal and continued to smile.

•••

the last extra minutes of the game cleared the game and Barcelona ended up winning 2-1 against Atletico. the atmosphere at the stadium was amazing.

Emily walked out of the stadium behind Antonella and had Mateo's hand in hers. they walked towards a private parking lot.

she threw her empty cup of iced tea and her empty bag of chips in the bin before going into the car.

as they were seated in the car , Leo got in the passenger seat and Anto drove. "mi amor , you did so good" Antonella said as she pecked Leo's cheeks.

"congratulations" Emily said and he melted at her compliment. it was the littlest things about her that made him happy.

"thank you guys" he said and the boys continued to praise him.

"what should we have for dinner?" Antonella asked in the car. "take out" Leo said and Anto gave him a look to which he just shrugged.

"spaghetti" Mateo said with a grin. "no , mac and cheese" Ciro said and Thiago rolled his eyes before looking at his sister.

"i'm with dad on take out" he said out loud. "Emily?" Anto asked the girl who looked up from her phone.

"maybe tacos?" she said ,unsure if they eat it or not. "yes" Ciro said. he was obsessed with tacos. whether it be chicken or fish tacos , he was obsessed.

"por favor Mama" Ciro said in a cute voice and who could say no to that?

"tacos sound great" Leo said. "i wanted a burger" Thiago whined.

"tacos it is" Antonella said before driving their way straight home. even though they had lots of money to hire personal chefs and go to fancy restaurants , Antonella still prefers to cook their food for them.

that was one of the things Emily loved about her.

"anything you're allergic to?" Antonella asked the girl shook her head. "no allergies. healthy girl" she said shyly and Leo smiled at his daughter.

soon they were in the driveway of the house and they all exited the car.

as they entered the house , Emily found herself getting used to it. she was getting used to call this mansion her home.

"i'm going to freshen up" she said Antonella who just nodded her head. "be down in time for dinner" she said and Emily nodded her head before heading upstairs.

once she was there , she chose some comfortable sweatpants and a tank top , aswell as a purple hoodie.

she immediately stripped from her clothes and put them in the basket next to the bathroom door. she stood under the warm shower and washed all the sweat away from today.

after she was done , she put on her comfy clothes , brush out her tangles and called her grandparents. she missed them so much , she felt like she needed to hear their voices. turns out , they are hanging out with Celia and Jorge now.

she took out her brown leather journal with her name initials on and began to write.

Dear ma

i miss you so much every day.....

——–
A/N:
thoughts?

[ ¿Estás bien? — are you okay? ]

[por favor , mama — please mom ]