sixty-one.

present.

it was currently 2pm. everybody ate and got dressed for the day. anybody could see that Emily wasn't feeling too well. she was quiet the whole day and not really taking to anyone no matter how much they tried to make her talk.

Emily slipped on her brown coat that Anto got for her last month and slipped on her sneakers. she put her hair in a bun and walked downstairs where she saw Leo sit on the couch with Ciro in his arms.

"hey , Leo..." Emily traiiled off and Leo snapped his head up. "yes?" he asked. "can you take me to the flower shop? i want to go to mami's grave" Emily said in a whisper voice.

Leo nodded his head and gave Ciro some snacks and something to keep him busy. Leo stood up and walked towards the kitchen to tell Antonella that they were going to the flower shop.

Emily checked her phone to see a lot of messages from her friends in Barcelona. she didn't have the energy to text back , but did so anyway.

Gavi
good luck , today. I know
it must be hard for you

Emily
thank you , Gavi.
I appreciate it

Emily then saw that Amelia had texted her for he first time in a long time. she opened it to see that Amelia had taken a selfie of her , her friends and Enzo who looked happily in a conversation.

Emily huffed in disbelief as she saw the photo , quickly exiting the app ,wondering how he could make time for Amelia but no time for her.

Emily slid her phone back into her pocket once she saw Leo came back with a black Puma coat and some sneakers.

Anto gave Leo a peck and kissed Emily's forehead before the duo exited the house.

Emily climbed in the front seat with her father and Leo drove the car towards the nearest flower shop.

"what do you want to get her?" Leo asked as they drove and some spanish music played softly on the radio. "some of her favourites" Emily spoke and Leo smiled.

"tulips?" he asked and Emily smiled , remembering her mother's favourite kind of flowers. "yes. maybe some candles and some other little things" she said and he nodded his head in understanding.

it was silent for a little while until Leo spoke up. "you're allowed to cry and be sad about it , okay? this is only the first time she's been gone and it will get tough from then on" Leo spoke.

"I know , i just..." Emily trailed off and sighed , not getting the right words. "It's okay." Leo said and stroked her black hair.

the car finally came to a stop in front of a small building that had beuatiful flowers on the outside.

the weather was a little gloomy with a cold breeze flowing and the clouds were a little gray.

Leo put his hoodie up and some sunglasses before exiting the car with his daughter. they met up with the owner who was a small sweet and petite woman who looked like she was in her 60's.

Emily picked out some white tulips and Leo got a few red roses. there was an antique shop right across the flower shop.

Emily got some candles and some angel figures for her mother aswell and then they both entered the car and drive off to the graveyard where Valentina as buried.

"you ready?" the car stopped and Emily nodded her head. Leo helped her with the flowers and stuff and grabbed the lighter from the back of the car.

Emily immediately noticed Valentina's grave which stood out among everyone else's. Louise and David made sure to go crazy on Valentina's grave so that Emily would always notice it when she visits.

Emily cleared her throat and walked towards the grave that was still decorated in flowers and balloons.

Emily sat the stuff next to the grave and sat on the ground while Leo stood in the back , watching Emily .

"hi mami" Emily said softly as she stared at her mother's picture. "so..happy birthday. I know how you would've loved today" Emily spoke , tears threatening to spill.

"you would've gone all out and spoil me instead of yourself. you were always such a selfless person" Emily spoke and then glanced at the other flowers and stuff.

"mami i miss you so much and i really wish you were here today." Emily spoke and wiped a stray tear. "I never knew how much i missed you until you went away." Emily said.

"I miss everything about you. your hair , your smell , your eyes even the little mole on your neck that i claimed i hate" Emily said and couldn't help it when tears escaped her eyes.

"I want to see you again , mami. just once. I'd do anything just to love you and to keep you , just for you to come back"

Leo was trying not to cry and stared off into the distance while Emily sniffled and wiped her tears away.

"i met papa. the one you told me about"  Emily said and Leo's head snapped up when she called him that.

"he's amazing and i really love him. not only him hut , Anto , Ciro , Thiago and Mateo aswell" Emily smiled.

"we know you're always watching over us. just remember that we still love you. me , abuela , abuelo and even papa. we still love you and i can't wait to see you again someday" Emily said and kissed the photo that was displayed.

Leo wiped his tears and Emily pulled the tulips out of the bag , putting it in a vase that had other flowers in.

Leo came closer and put the red roses on the grave , making sure that they don't fall off or away.

Emily placed the angel statues in secured places and Leo lit the canldes with the lighter he had in his hands. he placed it around the grave and they both stood up.

"there's not a day that goes by without me thinking about you , mami. " Emily said and wiped the tears away.

"I promise that everything i do , i'm going to do it for you , mami. Te Amo" Emily said and stood up. raindrops fell just in time and Leo pulled Emily in for a hug as she cried into his chest.

"she'll always love you and she knows that you love her too" Leo spoke into his daughter's hair and Emily nodded her head.

"I know , papa. I know"

————
A/N:
she finally called him
papa omg 🥺🥺

— sorry for any spelling or
grammar mistakes .