eleven.

present.

SILENCE FILLED THE big office. Leo frowned and stood up from his seat. he turned to look at the lawyer. "what? what do you mean 'daughter'? does she want me to take care of her daughter?" he asked frantically.

Joseph shook his head. Jorge was just sitting in the seat , taking everything in. "no Mr Messi. Valentina birthed your daughter" he said.

Leo went to a standstill and Jorge's eyes widen. Leo went to sit on the chair as he stared at Joseph. "w-what?" he choked out.

"yes , Mr Messi. Valentina gave birth to a baby. your baby" Joseph said. Jorge looked at his son with wide eyes and suddenly , Leo laughed.

"what? no way. i didn't see her in over...ten years. there has to be some mistake" Leo said , calmly. Joseph gave him a look. "and before that?" he asked.

Leo paused. he remembered on that very first night they had sex. he was her first and she was his.

Leo shook his head. "no...i don't believe that. i would've known. Valentina would've told me" he said a little bit louder.

Jorge tried to calm his son down. Joseph looked at the footballer. "Mr Messi , this is the truth. Valentina's daughter is indeed yours" he spoke.

Leo shook his head once again. "no , bullshit" he said. "the reason Valentina left was because of the pregnancy. when she found out she was pregnant , she fled and left the country" Joseph said.

Jorge frowned. "she could've just told us" he spoke and Leo nodded his head. "yeah" he agreed.

Joseph gave the footballer a look. "did she really want to be pregnant with a guy's baby who was in Spain and on the brink of his career?" he asked , rhethorically.

Leo ran his hands over his face. "she didn't have to run away. i would've supported her" he said out loud.

"Mr Messi. if i'm correct , she left about over 10 years right?" Joseph asked and Leo nodded his head , still looking at the table.

"yes" Leo spoke. then he looked up at the lawyer. "how uh...how old is she?" he asked. "the exact time Valentina left was 14 years ago , so you have your answer" Joseph said.

Leo sighed out loud and leaned against the chair as he ran his hands over his face.

did he have a daughter? how is he going to tell Antonella? was she even his?

"how do you even know if she is even mine?" he asked. "we know. she looks like you but i know that's not enough. and because of that , we request you take a paternity test." Joseph said.

Leo nodded his head. "you can come over tomorrow to the Social Clinic to take the DNA test and we'll take her there too. you can meet her on Sunday...if you want" Joseph said.

Leo thought about it for a moment. "i'll come to the clinic. but i don't know if i want to see her yet. i need to know she's mine first" he spoke.

Joseph nodded his head. "then it's sorted. how long are you here for?" he asked the footballer. "i'm here until Wednesday. i don't have a game next week" Leo said.

Joseph nodded his head. "then it's all settled , Mr Messi. I know this is a lot to process for you , so...we're done for now" Joseph said.

Leo nodded his head , unable to say a word. Jorge has been unusually quiet aswell.

Joseph shook their hands and they followed him downstairs. "see you tomorrow at 12 , Mr Messi?" Joseph asked and Leo nodded his head.

"see you Mr King" he spoke and followed his dad to the car.

Joseph watched as the car drove away and sighed. he knew Leo wouldn't believe him straight away , but he also knew this wasn't going to be the last time he sees him.

———