fifty-nine.

present.

Junior was currently playing chess with Emily's grandfather — David — and he was so invested in it.

Emily then looked at Delfi who was sitting on the other side of the couch , just staring at Junior and that made Emily's eyebrows shoot up. Delfi looked away from him and her eyes caught Emily's.

her eyes widened and Emily hid her smirk , although Delfi already saw it and rolled her brown eyes at the girl.

before Delfi could say or do anything , Emily stood up and walked to the kitchen where Louise was. her grandmother was preparing some snacks and lemonade for them.

Junior had almost eaten all the chilly pot pie and even asked for the recipe. "how are you?" Louise asked and Emily knew she didn't just ask it for the hell of it.

"i don't know , abuela. I mean... i'm so happy with Leo and Anto and all the new people i am meeting. and although i made peace with mom's death...it just feels like i'm replacing her or trying to forget her" Emily finally admitted.

she sat on a chair that was near the counter and Louise sat down as well. "hey , Emily i know how you're feeling ,okay? and trust me , this is what your madre wanted for you." Louise stafted.

"for you to have a family , to have Leo" Louise spoke again and Emily looked up at her. "your madre will always be your mother , but Emily...she's not here anymore" Louise told her the hard truth.

Emily's nose and eyes burned , alerting her of a few tears that was about to come. "your madre is gone , Emily and no matter how hard you want to admit it , she's never coming back" Louise said.

a few tears rolled down her cheek and she nodded her head. "i know ,abuela. I know. that's what makes it so hard for me." Emily said and wiped her tears.

"i just...i feel guilty for some reason" Emily said , looking down on her lap. "you never have to feel guilty for accepting love , Emily" Louise said and Emily nodded her head.

that one sentence meant a lot to her , even if Louise didn't know it.

"gracias , abuela" Emily said and wrapped her grandmother in a hug. after they pulled away , Louise smiled. "so...junior? is he your boyfriend?" she asked.

Emily looked at her grandmother with her face scrunched up. "ew no abuela , no. he likes Delfi. Junior is like my little brither" Emily said and Louise shrugged.

"fine , i'm sorry." Louise said and Emily just shook her head. her head turned toward the staircase and Louise nodded her head.

"you can go up" Louise spoke and Emily walked out of the kitchen and up the stairs. Delfi was now playing with David and Junior and also enjoyed making Junior lose.

Emily continued to walk up the stairs to her old room. she opened the door and it all came rushing back to her.

the room looks the same , just as she left it. her covers were still neatly placed on the bed and the tv was still sitting on the desk.

she looked around the room , smiling as she remembers how much things had changed.

Emily walked over to her closet , seeing the shoes that was still inside. she took out a couple of band t shirts and more Selena ones.

she looked around her room until she found a familiar photo. it was her mother in Italy with a big baby bump.

Emily smiled as she remembered how her mother would tell her the story of how Emily would kick in her stomach everytime she heard the sound of waves crashing.

Emily put the photo in her jean pocket and still looked around the room that she was in less than a year ago.

the door of her bedroom open and in walked Delfi. she had two strawberries in her hand and handed one to Emily.

"this was your room?" she asked and looked around it as Emily nodded her head. "it's cute" Delfi said.

Emily was going through her drawers when Delfi stood next to her. "i don't like Junior" she said.

Emily smirked but kept it hidden. "i didn't say anything about that" Emily spoke and Delfi gave her a look. "yeah but your expressions says otherwise" Delfina said.

Emily turned towards her best friend. "Delfi , it's not a bad thing to like him" Emily finally said and Delfi rolled her eyes.

"no , my dad being a former Barcelona player and his being a Real Madrid palyer...it won't work out" she spoke and Emily gave her a look.

"look at me and Enzo..." Emily trailed off. "but we're not like you guys! that's different , Emily" Delfina said and Emily frowned.

"what do you mean? it's exactly the same" Emily spoke. "no , what you and Enzo have...that's not a relationship." Delfi started.

Emily didn't say anything and just stayed quiet , letting Delfina talk. "Pedri was right about what he said. you may think you like Enzo but you don't. me and Junior are far from what you and Enzo are" Delfina finally admitted and took a deep breath.

"but all we want is to see you happy that's why we didn't say anything , Emily "

Emily didn't say anything and just looked out of her window. "all i'm saying is ,Junior really likes you and it's not nice of you to blow him off all the time" Emily spoke , not responding to what Delfina said about Enzo.

"yeah well , i'll believe it when he finally tells me so himself" Delfina said and looked towards the door when they heard Louise call their names.

"I'm going down" Delfi said and Emily nodded her head. Delfina went downstairs and grabbed her phone out of her backpocket.

she decided to text Enzo.

Emily
hey , can i call you?

he didn't reply right away so Emily put her phone away and walked downstairs to where the rest of them was.

she saw Delfi avoid her eyes , probably not wanting to talk to Emily right now and the girl couldn't help but feel bad for pressuring her best friend.

Emily then grabbed her phone and clicked on Delfi's contact.

Emily
I'm sorry , forgive me?

Delfi
fine , you're forgiven

Emily smiled and looked up from her phone to see Delfi smiling slightly at her. Junior saw them and just shook his head and rolled his eyes while he ate his food.

Emily just ate her food and thought about what their plans for tomorrow is.

————

A/N:
i'm literally updating with a
ice bottle in my mouth cause it's hot as
hell here in South Africa bro  😭

— where are you guys from? i'd love to
know ❤

— sorry for any grammar or
spelling mistakes