thirty-one.

present.

EMILY SLID HER legs into the black skinny jeans and let out a breath once it was finally over her butt. she buttoned it and put on a stylish belt that Antonella had gotten her this morning while she was out.

taking the straps of the bra off , she hooked the bra onto her body and put on a black , long sleeve off the shoulder top that was cropped , revealing her toned stomach.

Emily let out a huge breath and took a look at herself in the mirror. she didn't look bad for a party. she knew she was a little bit underdressed but she didn't want to wear a dress , or not yet.

walking towards her shoes , she slid on black ankle boot heels on.

she put her hair in a high ponytail and took her necesitites and walked downstairs.

Antonella turned around to face the girl. "wow ,you look stunning" she said as she stared at the girl with a huge smile on her face.

Antonella looked gorgeous in a stylish black dress. "this isn't too little? maybe i didn't do enough" Emily stuttered.

Anto rolled her eyes with a smile. "you look perfect , Emily." she said and Emily smiled in gratefulness.

Leo walked downstairs and saw how beautiful his daughter and wife looked. "beautiful" he said before giving Emily a kiss on her forehead and Antonella a kiss on the lips.

"are the boys coming with?" Emily asked , looking for the boys but Leo shook his head. "they are staying here for the night with Lana" he said , refering to the nanny.

Emily nodded her head in understanding. after last night , she got closer to her father than ever. she found herself being more comfortable around him and Anto and felt somewhat safer with them.

she just hoped her mother was proud of her for progressing like this.

Leo opened the backdoor of the car and Emily thanked him before entering the car.

"Emily , we'll talk to Luis and Sofi about the school and come back to you , okay?" Leo said as he buckled himself in. Emily just nodded her head.

"are there going to be a lot of people?" Emily asked the adults. "Gerard is very famous around his friends so there will be a handful of people , but don't worry. we'll be with you" Antonella reassured the girl who nodded her head.

she buckled herself in and started listening to James Arthur through the radio. she looked out into the tall buildings and made a mental note to call her grandparents when she gets home.

they stopped at a beautiful , fancy restuarant where a lot of luxury cars were parked.

"we're here" Leo said and turned off the engine. it wasn't dark outside , but not too light either.

Emily exited the car and took her purse while Leo and Anto did the same. she had to admit , she missed her little brothers right now.

Leo locked the car doors and a man greeted them and guided them inside the restuarant.

Antonella held a blue gift bag in where Gerard's gift was.

there was a handful of people in there , standing around and talking while laughing.

the lights were dimmed and some Spanish music was played in the background.

"Leo!" she heard a deep voice and saw a pale man with bright blue eyes walking over to them and hugged Leo.

"Gerard. happy birthday" Leo spoke and smiled ad his friend. Gerard then hugged Anto.

"here , for you. feliz cumpleanos" Anto said and he gratefully took the bag.

he then finally looked at Emily. "you must be Leo's daughter" Gerard said and she shook her hand.

"i'm Emily. happy birthday" she spoke softly and he smiled. "thank you , Emily" he said.

Emily walked with her father and Antonella to meet some people. there were other footballers there and some children her age or younger and it was times like this when she missed her brothers. especially Ciro and his adorable smile.

they walked towards a dark haired man and a blonde haired woman.

the woman's eyes lit up once she saw the couple. "Emily , this is our best friends — Sofi and Luis. guys , this is Emily. our new addition" Antonella said.

Emily smiled and shook their hands , glad at the fact that Anto didn't refer to her just as 'Leo's daughter' , but as her own too.

"nice to meet you" she said shyly. the woman smiled. "you look just like him" she said as she pointed at Leo and Emily smiled.

"you should meet Delfina" Luis said with a crooked smile and looked around for his daughter.

"Delfi!" he called over as soon as he spotted her and gestured for her to come over.

Delfina was a short girl with brown hair and tan skin. she was very pretty.

"Delfi, this is Emily. uncle Leo's daughter" he explained and Delfina smiled. "hi , you're pretty" she said and Emily chickled.

"so are you , Delfi" Emily spoke.

"why don't you two go and have fun and eat some of the finger bites?" Sofi suggested and Leo frowned.

"don't worry , i'll be fine" Emily said once she  saw her father's worried expression.

"come on , you thirsty?" Delfina asked as she turned to Emily. "i could do with a coke" she shrugged and they walked towards the place where all the drinks were.

"you have a cute outfit on" Delfina said with a smile and Emily felt flattered. "you don't look so bad yourself , Delfi" she complimented back.

Delfi handed Emily a can of coke and got herself one before they clinked their cans together and opened it.

Emily felt refreshed as she felt the cold drink flowing down the back of her throat.

the two girls got to know each other and Emily learned that Delfi was 12 and was going to a private school in Barcelona even though her paretns live in Madrid.

"i didn't want to go to another school when we moved to Madrid and decided to stay at my aunts house." she explained when Emily asked about the situation.

Leo kept an eye on his daughter and Delfi and sighed in relief when he saw them laughing and drinking cold drinks.

"she'll be fine , Leo" Luis said and he nodded his head.

"i know"

———