fourty-nine.

present.

Emily fell into fits of coughs , some of her food going through the wrong pipe. Enzo's eyes widened before he stood up and patted on her back.

"are you okay?" he asked once she calmed down. she nodded her head and drank some of the water that was standing there to relieve some of the burn.

Enzo sat back in his seat and looked nervous. just as he was about to speak , Emily's phone rang. she picked it up once she saw it was Delfi.

"what is wrong? what did he do? do you need me to come save you?" Delfi asked and Emily playfully rolled her eyes.

"no , why would you think that?" she asked. "well , i did say 'cough when you need help' , didn't i?" she reminded Emily.

"well , it wasn't fake" Emily replied. "so you don't need saving?" she asked slowly , making sure. "no ,i don't. now , can i go?" she asked.

"sure , just tell me all the details" Delfi said and Emily hung the phone up and looked at Enzo who was still observing her.

"sorry about that" she said and watched as he smiled , showing off his braces. "sorry about the coughing or the phone call?" he asked and she shrugged.

"a little of both" was her reply.

"so? what do you say?" he asked and yet again she was reminded of his question to her.

"Enzo , i realy really like you. and yes , last night really hurt me" she began. "but i'm willing to be your girlfriend if you prmise to stick up for me" she said.

"so that's a yes?" he asked with a wide grin that was so contagious that it made her smile aswell. "of course it's a yes" she said and he stood up and gave her a kiss on the cheek.

"I promise i'll defend and stick up for you from now on" he said and she smiled shyly.

"i'm done now. I have to be home early to get home. I haven't been home since yesterday" Emily informed him and he nodded his head and called over the waiter.

"just the bill please" he said and the waiter took their plates and walked away.

"is it my imagination or is Delfi sitting in a car , watching us from outside?" he asked and she chuckled.

"yes , that's Delfi. let's just say...she's not the biggest fan of you right now" Emily said and he nodded his head with a sheepish smile.

just then , the waiter came and Enzo insisted on paying for their breakfast before escorting her to the car.

"i'm so glad we could talk this out. see you again sometime , girlfriend?" he asked and she nodded her head."for sure" she spoke and watched as he waved and walked to his driver.

Emily entered the car that had Delfi in it and instantly ,Delfi smacked her arm. "girl tell me what happened" she demanded and Emily rolled her eyes with a smile.

"he asked me to be his girlfriend and i said yes" she said and Delfina squealed. "damn what? did he atleast apologise for last night?" she asked once they calmed down.

"he did , a thousand times" she zaid and Delfi smiled wide. "gosh , i know i should tell you that you're a dumb bitch , but i'm so happy for you" she said sincerely.

"thank you. now we're just waiting on you and Junior" Emily smirked and watched as Delfi's face fell. "never in a million years"

Emily laughed at her reply and expression as the car started driving towards the Suarez household.

•••

Emily walked into the house of her parents with her overnight bag. Fabio and Delfi just dropped her off after she had a nice meal at their home after the breakfast date with Enzo.

"EM!" Emily hard voices and immediately ,three little boys took off running towards her and tackled her to the floor.

"hi" she said as Ciro filled her face full with kisses and she giggled. she was a very ticklish person.

"where were you? we missed you" Thiago said and Mateo nodded his head. "and Hulk too" Mateo said , pointed behind her. Emily turned her face to see Hulk standing directly above her.

she got a fright and then calmed down. the size of this dog never seemed to faze her.

"i missed you guys too" she said , giving them all a kiss on the forehead and patted Hulk softly.

Antonella came from around the corner , drying her hands with some paper towel. she was as gorgeous as ever.

"Em" she ssid and embraced the girl in a hug which she accepted. "guys i've only been gone for like , one night" Emily said , laughing.

"i know but we're so used to you and your presence." Anto said with a big smile. "come on boys , go play some video games" she said and they immediatey went to the livingroom.

"come with me and tell me everything that happened" Anto said and sat against the counter.

she gave Emily some fruits in some bowls and they began having a girl talk. Emily ended up telling Anto everything. from what happend to the party , to this morning.

Anto was quiet for a little while , which made Emily a little nervous. maybe she didn't like Enzo being her boyfriend at all.

"don't you ever choose between me and your mom , okay?" Antonella said , after a little bit of silence.

"i wasn't going to" Emoly said and Antonella smiled. "good. because your mom will always be your mom and you shouldn't feel the need to make her a second opinion" she said.

"i'm just so grateful for you and Leo and for you guys taking me in. i won't choose between anyone" Emily said , sincerely.

"good , because i don't want you to forget about her. and i don't want you to feel the need to choose me because i accepted you" Anto started.

"me and Leo love you so much , but just know that your mom loved you the most" she said and Emily nodded her head , trying to blink her tears away.

Valentina's daily notes of 'i love you's' were left on the nightstand every morning and one day they just stopped. though Emily knew her mom loved her every single second of every day , even when she wasn't there.

"and i'm so proud of you getting a boyfriend. i know i should be overprotective , but that's Leo" Anto joked and Emily  chuckled.

"yeah he's not going to like it" she said and Anto smiled. "i'm just glad that it's Enzo" Anto said truthfully.

suddenly , the front door opened and by the yelling of the kids and the barking of Hulk , the women just knew that it was Leo.

Anto just looked at Emily who was definitely not ready to tell her dad about Enzo , not knowing how he's going to react to his 14 year old daughter dating.

"come on , time to go tell your dad"

———

A/N:
sorry for any spelling or
grammar mistakes.

— please don't hate me i have a
reason 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭