fourty-two.

present.

Emily walked down the stairs of her house , already dressed and ready for her date with Enzo. she saw Anto and Leo in the kitchen as she entered it.

"you look pretty" Leo said as he looked at his daughter with a smile. "thank you" she said shyly and sat next to him.

"so breakfast?" Antonella asked and Emily shook her head. "no thank you , me and Enzo are going out for breakfast" she spoke and Antonella nodded her head in understanding while Leo tenses up .

"who's picking you up?" Leo asked as he ate some of his breakfast. "Enzo said that he will. with his driver of course" she spoke , knowing Leo will freak out if Emily got into a car with a 15 year old.

Emily went on her phone and texted Delfi for a while until the boys came in. "ma , where is Em going?" Mateo asked.

"she's going out with a friend." Anto said and took a sip of her coffee. "can i go eith?" Mateo asked and Emily chuckled. "maybe next time" she spoke.

the sound of a car was heard and Emily knew it was Enzo. though before she could do anything, Leo stoof up from his seat in the kitchen and walked towards the front door , making Emily and Anto look ay each other.

Emily grabbed her phone and walked towards the front door where she heard voices. Enzo stood on the other side , looking handsome.

he smiled immediately after he saw her. "hey" he said and she blushed. "hi" she said and felt Antonella's presence.

"okay be home before dinner okay?" Leo said , giving them both pointed looks. "yes sir" Enzo said , causing Emily to smile at his seriousness.

"you ready?" Enzo asked and Emily nodded her head."bye" Emily said as she waved at her family and climbed in the back of the car with Enzo.

"where are we going?" she asked the boy as the driver was backing out of the driveway.

"well , first is breakfast." he said and she nodded her head in understanding.  "when are you going back to Madrid? i know you have football training." she said.

"i'm going back tomorrow morning" he said as the car drove to their destination. "people won't be so happy to know that you blew of training for me." Emily said , silently feeling guilty.

"of course they will , but i don't care. I want to spend time with you" he said and gave her a smile .

Emily looked out of the window with a small smile and felt the car stop. "come on , we're here" he said and exited the car , Emily following him.

the place weren't very full , but there was a few people in there , talking and eating. "which table?" Enzo asked and Emily looked around , eyeing a table in the back , near the fireplace.

"there?" she asked , pointing to the table and he nodded his head. he took her hand in his —which made her stomach flutter— and they walked towards the table.

it was a round table , enough for the two with white linen thrown over it. it had some unlit candles on it , aswell as some packets of brown and white sugar in a compartment.

"you like it?" he asked and she smiled and nodded her head and put her phone on the table. "how do you know about this place? I live here and i dont know the half of it" she said ,making him smile.

"my mom took me and Liam out for breakfast once when we were here. it's the only place i know" he said , giving her a smile.

a waitress , around 20 or 21 , came towards their table with two black menus in her hands. "hey , welcome to The Eat and just call if you're ready to order" she said in a sweet voice and walked away.