seventy-seven.

present.

everyone was now sitting around the big table , smiling and watching as Delfi opened her gifts with gratefulness. "wait , who bought these?" Delfi asked , pulling out the red and white Jordan's , making Emily smile.

"i did" the girl said and Delfi smiled and side hugged her. "i love these , gracias" Delfi said and Emily waved it off and nodded her head.

"i want some desert" Junior said ,looking around for any sweet thing , causing Lorea to playfully roll her eyes.

"for a football player you sure do eat a lot" Lorea said and Junior turned his head , looking at the girl and scowled at her. "there's something called fast metabolism , Lorea. leave me and my food alone" Junior said and waved her off while he wandered off to get some desert.

"that boy is a fattie" Delfi said and shook her head at her boyfriend , causing Emily to chuckle. "leave him alone , guys." Emily said , defending Junior since he wasn't there to defend himself.

"ooh , let's go get some of those" Delfi said , eyeing the caramel filled pastries and Ethan's mouth watered at the sight.

"i want some too" Lorea spoke and the three of them ran over to the table and packed their plates full of sweet things , causing Emily to laugh and shake her head at her friends.

she whipped out her lavender coloured phone and opened Instagram , scrolling through it. since she made her Instagram public , she definitely had gotten more attention and followers.

Emily wasn't huge on social media but she was definitely surprised when she saw that people like Victoria Beckham , Arthur LeClerc , Jenna Ortega , Jobe Bellingham and Taylor Swift followed her.

Emily smiled widely and silently fangirled before following Jobe , Victoria and Arthur back , since she already followed Jenna and Taylor since last year.

obviously football fans and her father's supporters had become aware of her and tried to know everything about the footballer's daughter but Emily barely gave them anyting since she only had three posts on there.

Emily put a picture of her and Delfi on when they were singing for her and tagged her friends in it before putting it on her story.

she then scrolled and scrolled until she came across Gavi's page. she liked the photo and clicked on his page , just scrolling around, looking through his photos.

she smiled and looked through the photos , not feeling a presence behind her. turning her head , she looked up to see Delfi staring right at her with sweet fingerbites on her plate and her eyes narrowed.

Delfi sat down next to Emily and the girl smiled at her. "you enjoyingbyour party?" Emily asked and Delfi nodded her head. "i do , it's amazing" Delfi said.

"were you just on Gavi's page?" Delfi asked and Emily looked at her phone that clearly showed that she was on his page. Emily sighed and exited the app before looking at her best riend.

"yeah i was. what's so wrong?" Emily asked since she genuinely didn't know what the problem was. Delfi put her plate down infront of her on the decorated table before taking a sip of her pink lemonade and then turned to face Emily.

"Em , i want you to be honest with me" Delfi began and Emily looked at the girl confused. "do you like Gavi?" Delfi asked and Emily grew even more confused.

"what? of course i do , Delfi. he's my friend" she spoke and Delfi rolled her eye. "you know what i meant , Emily. do you like him? more than a friend?" Delfi asked.

Emily then frowned since Delfi never called her on her full name. "what? me and Gavi? no , i don't like him like that" she spoke and then Junior planted himself right there on the opposite side of the table.

they were the only three on the table since everyone was socialising , eating and dancing. "doesn't seem like it" Junior chipped in , biting into a brownie.

"it's rude to eavesdrop , Junior" Delfi spoke and he rolled his eyes. "he's right though." Delfi said and looked at Emily.

"guys i don't like him." Emily denied once again. "you do. remember that day at the beach when you play fighting in the water? you looked at him like he was the best thing in the world" Junior said and continued to eat, his eyes on the desert.

Delfi nodded her head at Emily who was frowning. "yes and remember that day in the car on the way to the beach? you stared at him so much it made me awkward" Delfi said and raised her brow.

"plus , Gavi is the only one you send photos and videos to beside me , Junior , Ethan and Pedri" Delfi spoke.

"oh and don't forget when we watched a gane on tv and Gavi appeared on screen. you folded so hard it was embarrassing" Junior chimed in once again , trying to back up his gifriend's point.

"and right now you were stalking his Instagram , not knowing why you're doing it. it's because you like him , Em" Delfi said and Emily's frown deepened.

by now , Delfi had put her hand on Emily's hands and Emily took her hand out of Delfi's.

"i don't like him like that. you guys have it wrong" Emily spoke. Junior just shook his head at his best friend and continued to eat his food.

"are you trying to convince us or youself?" Junior asked nonchalantly and Delfi shot him a look. Emily took a deep breath before taking her phone and standing up.

"i'm going to the bathroom" Emily said and Delfi looked up at her. "want me to go with you?" she asked and the girl shook her head. "I'll be fine" she said and walked her way towards the bathroom.

she walked in and sat in the bathroom stall , trying to regain her breath. there was no way she liked Gavi. he was her father's teammate. plus , they're 3 years apart so it wouldn't make sense.

Emily opened her phone and scrolled through their messages , realising how much he made her blush unknowingly and she looked at the photos they took together at the beach and at the fair as well at Camp Nou.

she exited the app and let out a loud sigh and brushed her hair out of her face. the bathroom door opened and she heard a knock.

"Em , open up. it's me , Anto" she heard her stepmom say. Emily was never more grateful to have Anto here since she felt like her stepmom was the only one who she could talk to , besides Delfi.

Emily unlocked the bathroom stall door and saw Anto standing there with a concerned look on her face.

"what happened? i saw you rush out here." Anto said and Emily let out a huge sigh and looked at her.

"i think i like Gavi"

———

A/N:
sooo who's gonna
tell her? 😬😬😬

— this book is genuinely coming
to an end , i'm sad cause i grew
so attached to them 🥺

— also, school is f*cking me
up , i hate it here.

—sorry for any spelling or grammar
mistakes . ♡