sixty-two.

present.

everyone was dressed to go to the restaurant they had booked for the night. after they left the graveyard , Emily received mulitple messages from Enzo but decided not to answer. she was too tired anyways.

Pedri , though , called her several times and tried to facetime her. Emily gave in and facetimed him , talking with him for a while about how the day was going so far.

Emily was currently dressed in a blue sundress with thin straps and her straught black hair was in loose curls on her back.

she strapped on her heels and took her purse and walked out to meet the others. Antonella smiled once she saw Emily.

"you look beautiful." Antonella said and Emily smiled. "thank you" she spoke.

everyone got ready and got into the black car that Leo had gotten them all. Delfi took a picture of Emily in her dress and put it on her story.

not much later , Emily received a message from Pablo and decided to open it.

Gavi
i saw your photo on Delfi's
instagram.

Gavi
ew , put on a jacket

Emily
please just shut up

Emily exited the app with a smile and put her phone back in her purse. some days , she's just grateful for Leo and Anto and everything they had done for her.

she's thankful for them , for Delfi and Junior ,her siblings ,and the Barça boys. Emily felt like she forgot about everything when she was with them and sometimes think that her mother sent them for her.

Emily wished Valentina was here to meet them. she would've loved Anto and her siblings.

the car stopped and they all exited the car. Luis and Leo were walking on the front , while Sofi and Anto were walking beside each other , the little kids walking with them.

Delfi , Emily and Junior were all walking together , not talking whatsoever , just watching the beautiful lights and decorations of the restaurant.

they all went inside and almost immediately , Emily spotted both pairs of her grandparents inside , sitting against a long table.

Celia and Louise were talking while Jose and David were talking. they all smiled and looked up when they spotted the people.

"that way" Emily said and guided Delfi and Junior to the table. they greeted them and sat down behind the table which had refreshers on and some fingerbites.

"how was it?" Louise asked Emily , referring to her trip earlier to her mother's grave. "it was beautiful. I just miss her" Emily said and Louise hugged her granddaughter.

"we all do." Louise said. Emily was talking to Jose and Celia when her phone vibrated and she saw that Enzo was calling her.

"lo siento ,i have to take this" Emily said and Delfi gave her a look , knowing it's Enzo and knowing that Enzo was with Amelia , since Emily told her about it earlier.

Emily answered the call once she was a bit away from the table. "hello" she spoke. "hey Emily" she heard Enzo's voice and immediately tensed up.

"how was it?" Enzo asked and Emily rolled her eyes. "everything was going great until i received a photo of you hanging out with Amelia" Emily said.

Enzo immediately went quiet and then Emily heard a sigh. "i just coincidentally ran into them at a store" he explained and Emily knew he was making excuses.

"in Barcelona when you're supposed to be in Madrid 'training?' " Emily took a deep breath , knowing that she isn't a person to lash out on another.

"look , Em i'm sorry. I was just hanging out with them." Enzo said in a guilty voice. "Enzo , i really don't want to do this right now. all i want is to celebrate my mother's birthday and just have it without any problems" Emily said with a sigh.

"okay , maybe we'll talk when you get home?" Enzo asked hopefully through the phone. "maybe" Emily said and hung the phone up.

she walked back to the table where Delfi was , drinking some juice and Junuor was putting some food onto his plate.

Emily smiled and sat next to Delfi. they had a whole buffet infront of them and before anyone could eat , Leo stopped them.

"so , we're all here tonight to celebrate Valentina's birthday. i just want to say that Vale was a wonderful person , inside and out and i'm so grateful that she gave me a wonderful and beautiful daughter" Leo spoke.

everyone lit up some candles around the table and took their seats om the table. they sung happy birthday as some of them took videos of the beautiful thing that they did for Vale.

Emily looked around and couldn't believe that she had these wonderful people with her. she truly believed that her mother sent them for her and she was so grateful for them.

she also loved seeing how Anto didn't act differently when either her or Leo talked about Valentina.

they all ate their pasta and Valentina's favourite deserts as they all jumped into different conversations.

Delfi just looked at Emily's smiling face and pulled her into a hug. "I love you , pretty girl"

———

A/N:
sorry for any grammar or
spelling mistakes.