sixty-six.

present.

Emily and Ethan walked beside each other , both not saying anything as Delfina and Junior walked behind them. the two teenagers could feel the air grow thick between the two and only side eyed each other.

they walked towards a little patio , away from the grown ups where they can be alone. Emily felt a hand grab hers and turned around to see Delfi.

"come on" was all Delfi said and walked the opposite way. Emily glanced at Ethan who shoo'ed her away. "go and come tell me everything" Ethan said and Emily rolled her eyes with a smile.

"you're such a girl" she said and he mugged her. Emily turned around and followed Delfi towards the other side fo the pool , leaving Junior alone with Ethan.

once Emily reached Delfi , she could see the worried expression on her best friend's face. Delfina turned towards Emily.

"i like Junior" she spoke. Emily just shrugged. "I know" she said and Delfi frowned. "no , i mean i like like him , Em. like...real bad" Delfina spoke , nibbling on her bottom lip.

Emily shrugged again , a smile finding its way to her lips. "i know , Delfi" she spoke and Delfi scowled before sitting on the edge of the pool.

Emily sighed and sat down next to her. "when did you actually realise it?" Emily spoke and Delfi turned towards her.

"this morning. that's why i was so distant towards him. i didn't want to see him because i was afraid if what i might do or say" Delfina begun , staring at the net covered pool.

"but then my mom was kind enough to invite him tonight and he was sitting next to me in the car" she continued while Emily just listened.

"he didn't say anything. didn't joke around , tease me or play fight with me at all. infact , my mom invited him , he didn't even beg to come like he always does" Delfina said and Emily raised her brows.

usually , Junior would be annoying as heck and would pester someome until the day they die.

"he was on his phone the whole time and once we reached here , i figured we would talk in the kitchen since no one was around"

"then we argued and i told him that i liked him. he argued back and told me that he liked me too and...we kissed" Delfina said with a sigh.

Emily looked away from the pool , towards her best friend. "and? why do you look so sad about it? a couple minutes ago, you guys were eating each other's faces off" Emily joked , causing Delfi to crack a smile.

"i'm just...i wasn't ready" Delfi said and Emily gave her a look. "you mean , you were scared" Emily said and Delfi looked at her.

"my abuela Louise told me that you should never feel guilty for accepting love. I don't think you should feel scared or guilty around Junior. he likes you just as you are" Emily said.

"should i give him a chnace?" Delfi asked softly and Emily smiled. "that's all up to you , mi corazon" Emily said and Delfi broke into a smile.

Delfi hugged the girl and Emily accepted the hug. they didn't pull away until they heard footsteps coming their way.

"you two done?" Junior asked and they pulled away from their hug and stood up striaght. "I think we are" Emily said and Junior smiled.

Defi then looked at Ethan and frowned. "why do you look like a mini Mbappe?" she asked.

"i'm Ethan and yes , i'm his brother" he said and Delfi shook his hand. "I'm Delfina but call me Delfi" she spoke.

the four of them walked towards the grown ups and in a blink of an eye , Junior was at the food table and Ethan at the desert table.

"with the way Junior has been eating , i'm surprised he hasn't gained a few pounds yet" Delfi said , making Emily chuckle.

"so, earlier i went out with Enzo to meet some of his friends" Emily stated. "who turned out to be Amelia and her little minions" Emily said and Delfi gave her a look.

"that boy will never learn" Delfi said. Emily continued to tell Delfi about what had occured when they were at the restuarant.

the two girls found themselves laying on beach chairs while the music was in the background , both eating some desert treats that was already placed there.

"poor Val. I hope she ditched them" Delfi said after Emily told her . "yes , she did. they were so awful" Emily said and shook her head.

the two was quiet for a while , just admiring the confortable silence and the Spanish music.

"what are we doing for your birthday? it's in two months" Emily spoke up and looked at her best friend who just shrugged.

"probably just hang out at my house as usual" Delfina spoke ,popping a chocolate candy in her mouth. "as if any of us would let that happen" Emily begun.

"don't worry , we will think of something" Emily spoke and the two boys walked over to them with lemonade in their hands.

"here" Ethan said , haning Emily the drink while Junior handed Delfi hers. Junior laid on the third beach chair and Ethan scowled when there wasn't one for him.

"scoot over" Ethan said and with a playful roll of her eyes , Emily scooted over , making space for him. it was the least she could do since he brought her lemonade.

"why do you guys only have three beach chairs anyways?" Ethan scoffed , getting comfortable and Emily playfully glared at him when he almost took up the entire seat.

"maybe because we're only three people in the house , minus the little ones" Emily spoke and took a sip out of her lemonade.

"just shut up" Ethan said and flicked her head , causing her to swat him and the other two to laugh.

"let's take a photo" Delfi said and they all nodded their heads. Delfi got out her phone and called over Neymar who was standing the closest to them.

"say cheese" Ney said as he clicked the photo. "who even says that anymore" Delfi said but smiled nonetheless as Neymar took the photo.

after he went away , they took some more and seperate photos and they all posted them on their Instagram stories.

they all put their phones away and just stared at the sky , drinking their lemonade. it was silent for a while until Ethan spoke up.

"i heard what happened to your mom. my condolences" he said and Emily smiled "thank you" she spoke and he nodded his head.

they all just stared at the rexd and orange mixed sky while listening to music and Ethan nudged Emily in her ribs , making her look up at him.

"just know that your mom makes the most beautiful sunset" he said and Emily smiled widely , knowing it was the truth.

---
A/N:
- i didn't know how to
end it , but i think this
was cute.

- sorry for any spelling or grammar
mistakes.