fourty-three.

present.

Emily woke up that Monday in her bed , with tearful eyes as she thought of her mother. she sniffled and wiped her tears. her hands immediately went to her phone and she opened the album filled with her and her mother.

the sun was just rising and Emily knew she had school in an hour. she scrolled. photo to photo. every single memory that her and her mother had.

there was one where they were at a football game , one where they were in the pool and one with her on her mother's back at a fair.

she exited the app and pushed on her mother's contact , letting it ring for a while. hesitantly , she put it on her ear and let out a sigh when it turned to voicemail.

'hola , this is Vale. leave a message and i'll get back to you'

tears fell on her cheeks when she heard her mother's voice. putting her phone down ,she began to sob quietly.

"Emily ,are you rea-" Leo knocked and walked in , his face dropping when he saw his daughter's state.

his father instincts kicked in and he immediately engulfed her in a hug - a hug which she didn't hesitate to return.

she hung onto him as he stroked her head , letting her cry.

"what's wrong? tell me what happened" Leo said as he tried to console her.

Emily pulled away from the hug , drying her tearful face and sniffled. "I had a flashback last night of ne and mom. i woke up this morning thinking of her" she explained.

"i looked at our photos and listened to her voicemail. I know i shouldn't have but..."sge trailed off.

"you are alliwed to cry and to think about her , Em. never keep your emotions hidden from us. you want to talk about her? please do" Leo said.

she hugged him once again and he kissed her head. "come on ,now. get up for school or you're going to be late" he said and she nodded her head.

as soon as Leo kissed her forehead and walked out ,Emily got herself embarassed and got ready for school.

she got into her uniform and combed her hair and walked downstairs to her family.

"good morning" Anto said and Emily smiled. "buenos dias" she said and took a seat next to Thiago.

Antonella handed her a bowl of oatmeal that she was happy to take. "so , did you speak to your grandparents yet?" Leo asked as he sat down.

"not yet but when i come home from school i will" she said an took a spoonful of oats.

they ate their breakfast and talked about what they were going to do this weekend and they also planned going to Argentina for Valentina's birthday.

Emily went up to brush her teeth and came back downstairs. she greeted Anto and Leo , as well as her brothers and let Anto take her to school.

"about Amelia..." Anto trailed off. "i don't even wanna know what Delfi is going to say about the other day" Emily answered abd Anto chuckled.

"just...be carefu okay." she said and Emily nodded her head . the car stopped and Emily realised that the car came to a stop.

"see you later" Emily said and Anto waved with a smile before driving off.

"there you are" Delfina said , causing Emily to turn around and smile. she gave the girl a big hug.

"hey Delfi" she said and the two walked into the school.

the bell rang and they both went their seperate ways. "Emily" she heard a voice and it turned out to be Amelia.

the girl walked over to Emily with her long legs. "how was your weekend?" she asked and Emily nodded her head.

"it was great. yours?" she asked and Amelia scowled. "awful. I had to have dinner with my mother's fiance , Jesse" she spoke.

"i take it you didn't like it" Emily trailed off and Amelia nodded her head.

they finally make their way to their class. Emily walked to her seat and jusy as Amelia wanted to start talking ,the teacher walked in and Emily had never been so glad

---

A/N:
guys this is shit but i promise you
the good stuff will come dont
hate me 😭