Chapter 23: Whatever It Takes

"Kallie," said The Count, entering our room

"Kallie," said The Count, entering our room. Yesterday, me and Vlad decided to tell him and Ingrid about the baby, but we didn't want Malik in the Throne Room, so I locked him in his room. The Count, Renfield, and Ingrid are happy for us, but I didn't want Malik and his mother ruining this as well.

I suppose I better tell you what happened.

My family decided to help Vlad with the nursery, so it's coming out nicely. Vlad had killed Bertrand, but he was under the influence of the shapeshifter aka Malik's mother, Elizabeta. I knew I couldn't trust them, but I wanted to avenge Bertrand. Would my life be better without Bertrand being dead? Vlad also told me that Mina Van Helsing staked Adze right in front of him, so he lectured her about the coexistence deal being active. I am still upset about Malik and his mother's plan to get rid of us, but we are going to prevent it from happening.

Knock, knock.

Great! Who can that be? I really hope that it's not Malik. He knows I'd kill him if he came in here. The door opens. I hear footsteps. Someone crouches down in front of me. It's Vlad.

"Hey, Kallie." said Vlad, weakly smiling at me. I don't say anything. His smile vanishes. "I brought you something." I knew he had something behind his back. He brings it out to reveal a blood bottle. "I thought we could go down to the Throne Room and share it that way, we can drink our problems away." I still don't say anything. Vlad places the bottle on my desk and then looks back at me. "I hate Malik for what he did to you. I despise him. I hate that he's done this to you." He moves closer and gathers the confidence to say this to me. "I'll kill him for you. I'll kill him however you want. I'll make him suffer if that's what you want me to do." Hmm... I don't know about this, but Malik and his mother are evil. I know that Malik isn't The Count's son, but I'm gonna leave it to his mother for the truth. I look back at him and smile softly. I place my hand on his cheek and he leans into it, still staring at me.

"If you kill him, then you'll never stop running from all of this." My eyes then switch from his own eyes down to his lips. Oh, screw it. I place my hand on his other cheek. Then, I hastily closed the gap between us. He quickly melts into the kiss, running his fingers through my hair. It feels so magical and so much more, but if there was only one word that I can use to describe this kiss... It would be electric. It feels electric. His lips move so perfectly against my lips. When I take notice of how long we've been like this, I break away. Immediately, he brings me in, kissing me more hungrily with passion and I enjoy every second of it.

"I love you." said Vlad, smiling at me. I smile back at him, unable to put my own thoughts into words. "No one can tear us apart because you are my heart and soul." That's right. My life is great and I love my family.

Me and Vlad sat on the roof. The night sky was navy blue with stars that are speckled left and right. It felt like heaven. Anyway, after that, Vlad convinced me to read my favorite book in the Throne Room while he handles some business. So, now, I'm sitting near the fireplace, reading The Boy in the Striped Pajamas while The Count gets a makeover from Renfield at the table for Miss McCauley. Everything is quiet and peaceful until Ingrid storms in and rants on about something she heard Jonno say.