Chapter 3: Faustian Slip

The Count has planned a trip to see his old friend, Baravon, and make things up to him

The Count has planned a trip to see his old friend, Baravon, and make things up to him. He's still mad about what Vlad did and he still wants the paycheck for his dry cleaning.

Oh, by the way, Vlad's training with Bertrand. Let's just say it's gonna be tough to master telepathy.

*****************************************************
I was cleaning up the school graffiti off the wall. Suddenly, I hear the door open. Turning around, I see Vlad carrying extra paintbrushes and a bucket full of water.

"Hey." said Vlad, greeting me. He drops the items on the floor and rolls up his sleeves.

"Hi." I said, smiling at him. "When did you get tied into this?"

"I didn't get tied into this. I just wanted to get away from Bertrand and his training, but this beats that any day." said Vlad, explaining it to me.

We were painting until a mysterious figure appeared between us.

"Wow!" I said, falling onto the floor.

"Oh, you poor darling." said Magda, looking at us.

"I'm Kalinda Darkflame, but you can call me Kallie." I said, so nicely.

"You must be the Darkflame witch that has my Vladdy in love." said Magda, so lovingly.

"Mum, could you not do that, please?" said Vlad, so embarrassed by it as he helped me off the floor.

"Thanks." I said, thanking him. "You knew she was here."

"She arrived a couple of hours ago. Patrick has left her again." said Vlad.

"For some pathetic blonde she-wolf, who is only 100 years of age." said Magda, so sadly.

"I'm sorry about that." I said, so sympathetically.

"Don't worry about it, dear. So, what are you two doing?" said Magda.

"What does it look like?" said Vlad, holding up a paintbrush.

"We're cleaning up the school graffiti." I said, so nicely. Magda pulls out a black handkerchief, gives it a lick, and wipes away a splotch of paint on Vlad's cheek.

"Time for a tea break!" said Miss McCauley, holding a tray of biscuits and a cup of tea. I quickly take the mug from her as soon as she notices Magda. "I'm sorry. Who are you?"

"This is my mum." said Vlad. Magda puts her hands on her hips and walks towards Miss McCauley.

"Magda Carmilla Elizabetta Bathoria Westerna." said Magda, introducing herself to her. It was a long name.

"Alex McCauley." said Miss McCauley. "Bickie?" She brings the tray up, offering a custard cream biscuit.

"No, thank you." Magda looks down on the biscuits as if they were maggot flavored. Miss McCauley takes a bite out of a biscuit.

"Keep up the good work, you two." said Miss McCauley, praising us. "Nice to meet you, Ms. Westerna." She goes back to her office.

"What a drab little peasant. What does your father see in her?" said Magda, so meanly.

"Nothing. She's just the head teacher." said Vlad.

"I know your father." She said, talking to him. "He always had a perverted thing for breathers."

"You're being paranoid. Miss McCauley is not Dad's type." said Vlad, reassuring her. Suddenly, his mum starts looking sad.

"Are you alright, Magda?" I said, so concerned.

After I got done talking to Magda and Vlad, I got rid of the graffiti and went to my room. I know that Erin called the Blood Brotherhood to slay the Draculas. Magda got Vlad to make her Regent, so she can get Fang Magazine to do a photo shoot. Both plans were foiled. So, now, I have to make a love potion for Vlad so that way he can fall in love with me. We also got to meet Wolfie, Magda and Patrick's son. I have all of my ingredients to make this potion. I mixed in all of the ingredients, so the love potion is done now. It doesn't have an expiration date, so Vlad will be in love with me forever. Someday, I'll give him the love potion. Hopefully, it works.