Chapter 7: Bad to the Bone

Ingrid has enrolled in school, but she has not been paying attention in class

Ingrid has enrolled in school, but she has not been paying attention in class. Vlad still can't open the book. Something strange has happened. The Praedictum Impaver has started to glow. A bright white light leaks from the pages, and none of us know why.

"Why has the Praedictum Impaver lit up like a Christmas tree? I mean, what's it doing?" said The Count, asking Bertrand.

"The pulsing light is a signal calling to someone. The question is who and why?" said Bertrand.

"The clan leaders." said The Count, realizing it.

"The book will lead them right to us!" said Bertrand, so anxiously.

"Visitors, I better get this place looking good. We need more cobwebs!" said Renfield. "Come on, get spinning."

"Put away the welcome web. This is not good news!" said The Count, so meanly.

"Unless they think the signal means I've opened the book." said Vlad.

"Except you haven't. You've got every vampire in the world waiting to hear what's inside. And you have not delivered!" said The Count, mentioning it to him.

"I'm close. I just need more time." said Vlad, talking to him.

"There is no more time! They will want answers, not excuses! No answers, and their strongest will punish us." said The Count.

"Looks like someone's going to get it in the neck." said Ingrid, smirking at him while checking her nails.

"You think this is funny? If Vlad doesn't open the book, we will all be ash." said The Count, mentioning it to her. "Now, do your job. Teach him how to open the book. Tick, tock."

Meanwhile, I was practicing my magic until I heard Ramanga and everyone else talking about Vlad. To be honest, Vlad has spent more time with me than Erin. He doesn't even care about her.

*****************************************************
Vlad gets thrown into the Blood Mirror and everyone is trying to make a life size puppet of him to fool Ramanga. But it doesn't work at all. Ingrid and Ramanga ended up getting along with each other. Vlad has 1,000 reflections, but the reflections turned him to be evil. I think I might like Vlad this way. Ramanga was about to kill them until Vlad walked in, looking so mighty and confident. He opens the book and now, the vampires know that their time is coming to take over.