Chapter 22: Sun and Heir

Here I am

Here I am. I'm in my bed, sleeping peacefully and dreaming of nothing. This morning, it's so quiet. I may be happy now, but I wonder what will happen when I go down to the Throne Room and I have to face Malik after what I did. I can only imagine he'll be mad or scared of me. I have to admit that I was fed up with Malik trying to stake Vlad so that way he and his mother can eliminate the Draculas. Yesterday, Vlad spent his time calming me down from the dispute with Malik. He told me that sooner or later, we'll get rid of Malik. I'm confident in telling people how I feel about them. Hold on.

Hiss.

I know that Elizabeta is the one behind all of this, so I'm going to ignore Malik for a long time and I hope they both die in vain. I don't even feel the sun hitting my skin, so nice try, Elizabeta, but you and Malik have to do better than that. Just as someone enters mine and Vlad's room, I see a giant hole in the ceiling of our room, allowing a golden streak of sunlight to shine down on my bed. I know Elizabeta is the shapeshifter, so it's her doing all of this.

"Kallie!" said Malik, talking to me. "Are you alright?"

"I'm fine, but how did this happen?" I said, pointing at the ceiling.

"I don't know, but they're all over the roof." What? "Come see." He extends his hand towards me, but I ignore it, walking away from him. We go to the corridor where The Count, Renfield, Ingrid, and Bertrand are opening bedroom doors to see how much damage is done in each room.

"Wo !" I said, just as Ingrid looks into one of the rooms only to come straight out of it after being burnt by the light. "Does anyone have any idea as to how this happened?"

"Not a clue." said Ingrid, slamming the door shut and blinking so furiously. I hope she hasn't gone blind. "We'll have breathers crawling all over the roof at this rate."

"Right, Renfield, you'll have to carry out the repairs." said The Count, talking to him.

"But Master, my vertigo." said Renfield, so nervously. "I get dizzy standing on a chair."

"Well then, it's time to overcome your fears!" Sometimes, I wish he wasn't so mean and more understanding to Renfield. "Now, make yourself useful."

"Yeah, but what if I fall off the roof?"

"One lives in hope." said Ingrid, so snarky. I wish she would shut her mouth up. Malik makes his way to where The Count stands and continues to check the rooms.

"Kallie," said Bertrand, walking up towards me with a concerned look on his face. "Are you alright?"

"I'm alright." I said, answering him. "But who would do this?"

"I think I have a pretty good idea." Could it be the shapeshifter?

"The shapeshifter?"

"Yes." I knew it. "And I think I know who it is." I hope he doesn't think it is Malik.