Chapter 17: The Crown of Ludlaw Erant

Not much has changed since our last conflict

Not much has changed since our last conflict. The ferals are still being taught by Bertrand in that classroom, since some of them still won't follow the new rules. Me and Vlad are still engaged.

Speaking of the street fangs, the Slayers' Guild have been running short on their bodily fluids, so Vlad had the idea of us taking some supplies from The Count's blood cellar. Perfect, we're done. Except for the fact that The Count is now going on a yelling rant about his bottles being stolen in the Blood Bar. We all had to suffer the hearing of it. The ferals hardly care about it, since they were drinking and fighting each other.

"Look, this hugging hoodie experiment of yours is a disaster." said The Count, so sternly. "They've been helping themselves to my cellar."

"Actually, Dad, that was me." said Vlad, so truthfully. The Count is taken aback by this.

"You?!" said The Count, slamming his hand on the table.

"The blood from the Slayers's Guild has run out." said Erin, explaining it to him.

"We had to tap into your blood cellar for emergency supplies," said Vlad, pointing it out to him. "And just so we're clear, this isn't an experiment. SCRAP is here to stay."

"SCRAP?" I said, so confused.

"School for Coexistence, Respect, and Peace." said Vlad, explaining it to me. Wow, he really puts a lot of thought into this.

"You call this respect?" said The Count, going over to Renfield and ripping off the tape that was covering his mouth. I have an answer for him, but unfortunately if I speak it, I'll just be drowned out by the sound of the ferals cheering Mqlik on as he has an arm wrestle with another street fang. As he battles to win, he catches my eye and raises an eyebrow, wondering if I'm impressed by it. I only love Vlad, so Malik might have to find someone else.

"Master?" said Renfield, calling out to him. "Master, help me."

"You were supposed to be rationing the blood to one glass each, not splashing it about!" said Vlad, so irritatedly as he helps Renfield up. It's not his fault!

"I did, but they wouldn't listen to me." said Renfield, talking to him.

"The sooner he starts production of the soy blood, the less we have to take from your blood cellar." said Vlad, talking to his dad.

"So, get to it before they drain me dry." said The Count, so demandingly. Renfield nods at him in understanding before running back to his lab.

"McCauley's been looking for you." said Ingrid, entering the room.

"Ah, then she needs to look no further." said The Count, whooshing out of the room.

"There had better be enough decent vintage for the blood binding." said Adze, swirling her finger around in her drink while glaring daggers at Erin. "Kallie doesn't do second best." That's right, Adze. I really don't do second best, so Erin needs to back off.