Chapter 2: The Enemy Within

Kalinda's POV

Kalinda's POV

My mom enrolled me into Garside Grange and today's my first day. I hope I make some new friends at this school, because at my old school, I didn't have any friends. This year is bound to change for me. I won't be known as a delinquent anymore.

"Kallie, there's something I need to tell you." said Mom, looking at me.

"What is it, Mom?" I said, so curiously.

"The Draculas own Garside Grange. So, be careful, hon." said Mom, so worriedly.

The Draculas consist of Count Dracula, Magda, Ingrid, and Vlad. Me and my family are the most powerful witches.

I went inside the school as soon as Mom dropped me off. I had to look for Miss McCauley.

"Hi, you must be Kalinda Darkflame. I'm Miss McCauley." said Miss McCauley, introducing herself to me. I told her to call me Kallie for short. She even gave me a tour around the school. It was great. I think I'm gonna like it here.

I was walking to Miss McCauley's classroom until I bumped into a boy.

"Ow!" I said, falling onto the ground.

"Are you okay?" said the mystery boy, helping me up off the floor.

"Yeah, I'm okay." I said, so reassuringly. "I'm Kallie, and you are?"

"I'm Vladimir Dracula, but you can call me Vlad." said Vlad, shaking my head.

I didn't think I would make a new friend, especially a Dracula for that matter. Mom had warned me about them, but she didn't say they were dangerous.

During my math class, a tall man with black curly hair and a light blue suit comes in.

"Good evening." said Bertrand, greeting Miss McCauley. "I am Bertrand de Fortunesa."

"Sorry." said Miss McCauley, so confused. "Bertrand?"

"Bertrand." said Bertrand, talking in a French accent as he froze every human in the room, except for me and Vlad.

"Oh!" said Vlad, realizing it. "You're one of them. Look, I don't care what my dad's telling you—"

"I have never met your father. I came here to look for the Chosen One." Then, Bertrand pulls out an ancient book. "He who can open the Praedictum Impaver." He carries it over to Vlad's desk and puts it in front of him. "Vladimir Dracula, it is my solemn duty and honor to present you with this."

"Right, so..." said Vlad, tapping his pencil on the hand of the book. "What does it do?"

"I really don't know." said Bertrand, so confused. "I believe that when the Chosen One opens it, vampires will rule the world as we did in ancient times." I looked at Vlad and he had an angry look on his face.