Chapter 10: The Return

Vlad is still gone

Vlad is still gone. I can't believe this. I really hope that he hasn't been staked.

I should've slept, but instead, I'm sitting on the bed, reading another gothic novel. My parents and siblings were worried about me since my little argument with Vlad. I have told them that I will be getting back together with Vlad, because I can depend on him.

Someone knocks on the door. That's Vlad with my special surprise. I wonder what he got me. I love surprises.

"Come in." I said, getting up out of bed as I put my book down. The door creaks open and just as I expected, it was Vlad.

"Vlad, you're back!" I said, so excitedly. He looks so different now.

"Well, Kallie, do you still want your present?" said Vlad, asking me.

"Yes." I said, answering him.

He gives me a special sun and moon necklace. It was so beautiful and that's how I knew he wouldn't go after Erin after all.

"I love you, Kallie, and this necklace signifies our love for each other." said Vlad, holding my hand.

"Thank you." I said, thanking him. At that moment, I leaned in and kissed Vlad so passionately. He kisses me back with the same amount of passion. We both come back for air after our kiss. Me and Vlad are back together.

"I'm going to find Bertrand. I need his help with something. Can you meet us in the Throne Room?" said Vlad, talking to me.

"Okay." I said, smiling at him. He gives me a heart warming smile as he speeds off to find Bertrand. I felt butterflies after the kiss.

"Of all the clans, the Baroque worries me the most. They're highly respected and hold great influence. If they go against me, we have to maintain order." said Vlad, pacing around the room. It's ten minutes later in the night. Bertrand has brought stacks of books on Ancient Vampire History and Clans. I sit in one of the chairs, while Bertrand is doing the same thing. His chair is closer to the fireplace where Vlad is.

"They do have a weakness. During the East Blood War, they secretly betrayed their allies in return for leverage in the new co—" said Bertrand, reading from the book.

"Renfield, where's my fang floss?" said The Count, entering the room as he then looks over at Vlad. "You're back! Why wasn't I informed?"

"We've been busy." said Bertrand, answering him. The Count didn't like that answer.

"I've been worried. I'm sure if my heart wasn't as unforgiving as tempered steel, there would be a tear in my eye." said The Count, walking over to his son.