Chapter 13: All for One

The night is still young

I continue to wait at the bottom step of the school's staircase for Vlad to return. What's taking him so long? What are he and Erin discussing? It must be important, or they would've been back by now.

And where's Bertrand? I haven't seen him since a few hours ago.

At long last, the school doors open and Vlad walks in without Erin.

"Hey, where's Erin?" I said, asking him.

"I told her to go." said Vlad, closing the door behind him as he starts to walk up to the attic with me by his side.

"Why would you do that?" I said, so curiously.

"She can't be here when it all kicks off."

"Ok, I understand." I said, so happily.

We make it to the attic and burst into the Throne Room, where The Count is holding a skull, deciding whether to keep it or throw it away. Renfield tries to squeeze all of The Count's capes into one small suitcase.

"We're staying." said Vlad, whooshing over to him.

"The vultures are circling. It's time to take you off the menu !" said The Count, so anxiously. "We may have disabled their weapon, but the Slayers know our location—"

"I can handle the slayers." said Vlad, so calmly.

"And what about Ingrid, hmm?"

"She and her gang won't be a problem. I'll unleash the power of the Praedictum Impaver, where I'll be strong enough to control all vampires." said Vlad, so confidently.

"You need living blood to reveal the text, but you won't hurt breathers!" said The Count, so angrily. The blood of a slayer reveals the text, so that's how Erin filled out the pages. "No blood, no power. Get packing."

"There's no other choice. I'll have to get blood from a breather." said Vlad, looking over at Renfield with his dad.

"I think we have just what we need right here." said The Count.

"They're going to make me a vampire." said Renfield, boasting to Wolfie. "Excellent!"

"To the training room. We need to get to the book." said Vlad, whispering to his father. Hopefully, Ingrid hasn't already taken it.

I think it was actually Bertrand, who took the book.

"Ingrid." said Vlad, seething in anger as he trails his fingers across the cloth where the book used to be.

"Should have left her to rot in Stokely." said The Count, so angrily. "Leopard spots, I'll say no more."

"No more eternal life for you, Renfield." said Wolfie, laughing at him. Renfield shoots a death glare at him while running over to The Count's side.