Sweeney Todd (Fluff)

*Anonymous request!

Sweeney hummed in content as he made his way to his bedroom, where Y/N was sleeping. He held a cold glass of water in his hands.

       The drab grey walls of the house stared back at him, as if they were void of any emotion. Y/N, as tired as she was currently, was the only ray of sunshine in the house.

       She had broken her leg while falling down the stairs, and as a result needed surgery to set the bones straight. He'd had to take some days off to tend to her, but he didn't mind.

       "Y/N, love, are you okay?" He whispered, creaking the door open.

        She lay on the bed in his room, a blanket draped over her hips as she lay on her back, sleeping. Her right leg had a brace on it to straighten it out as it healed.

         He set the glass down on the bedside table.

         Her face was so relaxed; in sleep, she looked younger. She was only two years younger than him.

         "Y/N..." He murmured, sinking to his knees next to her, resting his head on his hands.

         She was stunning.

         (Eye color) eyes, and her lips were so soft and kissable. Her cheeks were plump, not angular like his, because she still had her baby fat. She wore a simple grey shirt and light pants, and her breathing was soft and even.

         "Y/N." He gently tapped her cheek, making her eyes blink open sleepily. "I brought some water for you."

          She smiled when she saw him, and it made his heart melt ever so slightly. Despite what he'd done to his customers, despite what had happened in his past, he was glad she was in his life.

           "Hi, Sweeney. Thank you." She sighed, reaching over, and drinking some. "What time is it?"

         "It's just after two in the afternoon." He shrugged. "You slept for a long time after eating this morning."

        She'd woken up at eight, and had breakfast, before falling back to sleep.

         Y/N hummed in response, setting the glass down.

          "Are you still sore?" He smoothed a finger over her plump cheek.

          Y/N leaned into his hand, before turning her head and kissing his palm. "A little bit, but I'm not screaming bloody murder, so to speak." She chuckled.

           "That's good. The doctor did say it would take a while to heal. I'm sorry I couldn't do anything to stop it-"

           "Hey, hey," she sat up carefully, placing a finger on his lips. "Sweeney, don't blame yourself, alright? I'm okay, and that's what matters now."

             He kissed her finger, making her look away in embarrassment, before pulling it away. Sweeney hadn't been there when it happened, because he was with a customer, but Mrs. Lovett had screamed when she saw Y/N injured.

            The next thing he knew, they were at the doctor's office, and people were rushing about, while he desperately tried to find out her room number.

            Since then, he had brought her food, water, and helped her sit up and get dressed, mostly with her pants.

            "I know. It's just that I felt so helpless, Y/N."

            She ran her fingers through his hair, making him sigh silently at the sensation. It was so calming when she had her hands in his hair.

           Depending on the situation, of course.

         He smirked, his thoughts going elsewhere, but Y/N simply frowned. "Sweeney?"

        Sweeney looked up at her. He hadn't realized he'd been looking at the floor.

          "It's not your fault. And I'm feeling fine, so just let that be enough for now, okay?"

           "Alright then." He sighed wistfully. "Is there anything else you want right now? Snacks, maybe?"

           He didn't have any customers today, but he wanted to hear her say-

           "No. Right now I just want you, Sweeney. Can you hold me?"

           He nodded, and she scooted over on the bed, making room for him. He lay on the top of the blanket, and pulled her close, carefully.

           Y/N laid her head on his bicep, and he tucked his arm behind his head. "I love you, Y/N. I don't say it much, not nearly enough, but I love you."

           She giggled, before turning to kiss his cheek. "I love you too, Sweeney."

           He turned his head, and kissed her forehead, before pulling her closer to him.