Dean Corso (Fluff)

"Babe, I'm just going to-"

        A soft, high pitched voice squeaked in our son's room. "Keep reading, Dad!"

        A slow smile curved my lips.

        Dean and I had met years ago when he had to travel the world to check if a particular book was genuine. He didn't tell me much about it, but I'd seen that the experience was something he clearly didn't want to talk about.

         I respected that, but I was curious about what exactly happened with him. Sometimes he can stare too intently at a page when he reads a book, and I usually need to gently snap him out of it.

          The door to our son's bedroom was slightly ajar, and I peeked through the crack.

           Our son, (son's name), was tucked into bed, and his eyes were eagerly watching as his father read to him.

           Dean's back was facing me, so I couldn't see what he was reading. But the sound of his voice drifted throughout the room, gentle yet firm.

           "'You do not like them, so you say/ Try them! Try them! And you may'" Dean read, chuckling.

           "What if he doesn't like them?" (Son's name) asked.

           Dean laughed gently. "Let's see. He might, or he might not. Either way, he'll know how he feels about them."

           "'Try them and you may, I say."'

           "Oh." I softly whispered, giggling. I should get the camera and film this. It's so cute. 

            Dean leaned forward and lightly kissed (son's name) on the  forehead. Then he straightened and continued reading.

            Quietly as possible, I went into our bedroom and into the closet. I quickly grabbed the camera, turning it on.

           My heart was pounding excitedly as I tiptoed by the window in the hallway.

          I reached the door of our son's room. Then I checked to see that the camera was still on. It was.

           With a little energetic kid running around, it became hard to remember things at times.

           Dean was oblivious to me, as was our son, as I carefully creaked open the door. The camera was filming, capturing Dean's voice so well.

           "'And I will eat them here and there/ Say! I will eat them anywhere...'" Dean's eyes were comparable to stars right now. They were lit with the sheer joy of reading to-

            "Mom, what are you doing?"

            Dean whirled, and laughed, setting the book down. "Babe, are you filming this?" He asked incredulously.

            I still held up the camera, now positioning it to focus on our son. "Yes. It was so adorable, did you like the story, (son's name)?"

            He was now laughing, and waving his green spaceship pajama covered arms at the camera. "Hi, Mom!"

            "Hello, sweetie." I replied, giggling. "I thought it was so adorable, it had to be filmed." I added again.

             Dean rolled his eyes playfully and grabbed my hand to pull me in close. "Cute. Would you let me finish up the story?"

              "Sure, yeah, go ahead." I grinned, focusing the angle on his face. His skin was warm, like his dark eyes.

              He simply flashed a smile, before turning and picking up Green Eggs and Ham.

*I apologize that this is so short!

The quotations were taken from Green Eggs and Ham by Dr. Suess.