Gellert Grindelwald (Angst)

* Just a heads up, I have not read the books, I've only seen the first and second movies from Fantastic Beasts. So any information I have here is from some facts I looked up about Gellert! Not gonna lie, I teared up a few times writing this.

     Gellert sat on the roof of a mansion, overlooking the city of Paris.

     He briefly spotted you, just strolling about,  before ducking behind the chimney.  He couldn't let you see him.

    You liked him. You really liked him, and he hated that.

     He hated that you fell for someone like him, someone who had committed unspeakable crimes, and now was planning to wipe out everyone who wasn't a wizard.

     Because you weren't a wizard. You were a No-Maj.

      And he detested the fact that, maybe, he also liked you too.

     What a hypocrite he was.

      He'd spent his whole life trying to eliminate this, and now that it was right in front of him, he didn't know how to react.

      Gellert didn't deserve you.

      A life of chaos, having to constantly hide, why would you want that with him?

     His eyes, described by some as cold and unforgiving, looked at you with adoration and longing. His hands, which had caused death and destruction, had caressed you so tenderly, so gently, like you were his.

      And you were one of the few to not flinch away from him, so why was he pushing you away?

     Because he was afraid.

     The wizards couldn't risk being found out any more than they already had.

      But if he was honest, he'd gladly let the whole world know if it meant he could be with you. 

      He shook his head, before leaning back against the chimney. The slight chill of the wind couldn't match the coldness he felt in his heart right now.

      He couldn't risk your life, not after what happened to Albus's sister.

      He couldn't risk having you by his side in a fight, even though he knew you were more than capable of defending yourself. He couldn't risk someone finding out about you and using you to hurt him. 

      You were a weakness Gellert could not afford to have.

      Gellert had accidentally come across you when you were out walking at a fair in Paris. He'd concealed himself with a spell, and watched in horror as you were witness to the Zouwou that was unleashed.

      He'd then used a blocking spell to stop it from hurting you, and from there you two were acquainted.

     Gellert fell for your quick wit and how soft-spoken you were. Even your aura, was very calming.

      Stolen kisses in dark halls, gentle to hasty touches in the night, easy conversations during the day-that was what you and Gellert eventually got up to.

     A shiver runs down his spine, remembering last night- your fast breaths against his ear, your skin on his, how you'd looked at him. Your eyes lit with the desire of a silent promise he couldn't fulfill.

     It broke his heart how much you wanted this with him.

     He adored you, he did. But he knew it was impossible with his agenda, and what was going on in the wizarding world.

      With a sigh of regret, he'd left that morning, leaving you warm and snug under the rumpled sheets. Still sleeping. Only a note next to you that said, 'You're my greater good.'

     And today was the last day he'd wake up to you. And last night was your last night with him.

      This was for your safety.

      Even if it would hurt you both.