The Wolf (Fluff/Comforting)

Y/N'S POV

     God, why did (friend's name) have to be so dramatic?

     I picked up a pencil I kept in my treehouse for drawing, and hurled it at the wall.

     It managed to dent the wood, but I didn't care. (Friend's name) didn't even give me a chance to explain that I was just talking to the person they liked.

      Just talking!

      Seriously, the types of people (friend's name) goes for are so toxic. (Friend's name) always ends up being broken up with!

      I've tried explaining over and over, but they just gravitate towards them, I guess.

      We had been partnered up for a school project, and they'd seen me discussing the plans with (crush's name).

       But they misunderstood, and then blew up in my face after school that I was 'stealing' the person they liked!

      Seriously, who does that?!?

      All of this stress made my eyes pool with tears. "Fuck!" I whisper-shouted.

      Why do I even put up with them?

      A sniffle left me as I tried to calm my breathing.

      That didn't work.

      Everything I'd been holding in for the past few days just left my eyes, and mouth.

      The tears slicked my hands, but I couldn't care anymore at this point.

      I felt like I could scream until the end of time-

      "Hello? Are you alright?" A voice asked from outside.

      I nearly jumped out of my skin. Who could be here in the woods right now?

      I hastily wiped my face, before peeking out of the window.

      A wolf-like man stood, wearing a suit and fedora, his fluffy ears sticking out the top. His mustache was squiggly looking, and his 'hands' had long sharp nails.

      They looked capable of disembowling a human.

      Despite his intimidating appearance, his brown eyes were full of sympathy. His thick brows furrowed upon seeing my tear-streaked face. "I was just walking, and I heard you crying. Are you okay, miss...?"

        "Y/N. And y-yes. I'm fine, just some drama at school." I assured him, my face burning.

         I wasn't crying as quietly as I thought.

         But he clearly wasn't a fool. His eyes quickly narrowed, but they were lit with compassion. "Could I come up? If you don't mind?"

         I hesitated. This could all be an act. He could easily tear me apart if he wanted to.

         "If I wanted to eat you, I would have done it already." He pointed out. "I am very stealthy."

         It's like he can read my mind.

         Sucking air through my teeth, I tilted my head, eyeing him. He did have a point.

         "Fine. You may come up, Mr....?"

         "Wolf." He said, smiling. "Mr. Wolf is fine, but there's no need to use formalities."

         He went to the trunk of the tree and climbed the ladder, soon peeking his head up through the hole in the floor. "Who built this? It's very impressive."

        "My dad and uncle."

       They had built it when I was seven, but I hadn't gone up here in years. It was still standing, but the paint on the bench was chipping.

        Wolf sniffed curiously at the air,  closing his eyes. "I like it."

        I sat on the bench that lined the four walls, and smiled gently. "You can sit down, if you'd like."

         He did, and noticed the dent in the wall, and the pencil nearby. His eyes widened in understanding.  "What's wrong, Y/N?"

          I told him what happened, and he mostly stayed silent, save for the growls here and there. But Wolf nodded, and didn't interrupt.

          There was a sort of softness to him, despite his rough appearance. Somehow-I don't know if it was good or bad-somehow I felt like I could trust him.

          "I think you should stop being friends with that person, Y/N. If they don't take your advice time after time, I don't see the point." He sighed, once I was finished.

          "You seem like a reasonable and kind person. You don't need people like them. They should at least try and understand the situation."  Wolf finished.

          I sniffled, and smiled at him. "Exactly! Thank you, Wolf. Really. I was considering that too, but I wasn't too sure. I guess I needed someone to say it." I blushed, but he shook his head.

         "Don't be ashamed. That's terrible that that happened to you, but you'll know for next time." Wolf smiled. He gently patted my shoulder, before fixing his hat.

          It might have looked tacky to others, but I thought the hat looked very stylish on him.

          "Would you like to see some flowers?" He suggested, eyes soft.

          Why was he so sweet?

          I inhaled deeply. Then exhaled.

          "Okay, Wolf. Yes."

          "Excellent. I know a great place." He stood up, and gently grabbed my hand, leading me to go first down the treehouse.