Gellert Grindelwald (Fluff)

Requested by _Binsan_

     "Y/N, who's that man with you?"

     Your nephew, Lee, had his head tilted to the side as he eyed Gellert.

     Your brother and his wife had asked you to babysit their son while they went out for date night, so you brought Gellert along, which they were okay with.

     "One more person to keep an eye on him." He'd remarked, before shutting the door.

      Lee was eight years old, and looked like his father, with his (hair color) and (eye color/eye shape) eyes.

      He wore a green striped shirt with jeans, and he was staring at Gellert as if he'd grown a second head.

      You smiled. "Lee, this is Gellert. My boyfriend."

      "What's wrong with his eyes?"

      Oh, man.

      "They're contact lenses." Gellert replied, snapping his fingers.

      "Hmm." Lee replied, before going off to the kitchen.

     Gellert simply gave me a look that said, that's your nephew?

      "What?"  You asked. "He's curious. He's never met you before, Gellert."

      He tucked his wand into his pocket. "We'll see where tonight takes us."

      You rested a hand on his arm, pecking his sharp jaw. "It's only two hours. Just give him a chance."

      He turned his head and kissed you quickly. "For you, I will."

      When you both entered the kitchen , Lee was at the table, drawing a picture. Next to him sat a plate of chopped fruit, which he munched on in between drawing.

      "What're you drawing, Lee?"

      He held up his paper, and it was a whale swimming in the ocean. "He's swimming in the Atlantic." He explained.

      You smiled, and noticed Gellert was glancing around curiously.

     Lee was doing his best to peek at Gellert, and failing, when you raised an eyebrow at him. He turned his attention back to his drawing.

     They'd barely had a conversation and it was like a contest between them already!

      "This is a nice house, Lee." Gellert started, "What's that on your paper there?"

      Lee immediately flipped it over when he saw Gellert approaching. "Lee." I spoke steadily. "He just wants to see what you drew."

      "He can't."

       "Why not?"

       "He just can't. I won't let him."

        Gellert went back over to the living room with a sigh, and you crossed over to Lee.

        "What's wrong?"

        "Auntie, he's scary looking. Why are you with him?"

        Okay, fair point.

        Gellert did look intimidating at first, when we met. His height, his bi-colored eyes, so striking and focused, and his platinum hair, cut short to his head, all of those were very stark features of his.

         "He's kind, and thoughtful. That's why I'm with him." You explained, "But he is kind of intimidating, isn't he?"

         Lee nodded, but his lips were pursed in thought. "Well, if he didn't hurt you, maybe he won't hurt me."

        You chuckled, ruffling his hair. "He hasn't, Lee. Now how about we all watch TV, huh?"

        Lee picked the movie, Home Alone, a nineties movie starring Macaulay Culkin as Kevin McCallister. You'd seen the movie several times, but Lee hadn't.

        Neither had Gellert, for that matter.

        "Why would a parent leave their child behind?" Gellert mused. "So careless."

        "There are a lot of kids, and he was in the attic, too." You shrugged. "Come here."

        Gellert slid his arm around your shoulders, squeezing it lightly. Lee sat on the other side of the couch, perched in the Asian squat.

        You'd never been able to do that position.

        "Look, Marv and Harry! Don't they see him!" Lee squealed, before covering his eyes. The van automatically stopped, with Kevin screaming as it almost hit him.

          Lee uncovered his eyes. "Well, that's not very nice."

        "Nope." Gellert agreed. "Careless, as I said."

        They both shared a look, and you briefly saw it, though you were focused on the film.

        At some point, Gellert checked the time. "It's almost ten, they'll be back in about forty five minutes."

        "So we can watch another show then!" Lee jumped up to grab the remote, but stumbled at the last second. You rushed forward, yelling "Lee!"

        "Woah!"

        Gellert had his hands under Lee's arms, holding him. He'd jumped over to Lee and caught him.

        "Oh, my God." You breathed, heart thudding. He could've fell flat on his face if Gellert hadn't caught him.

        Gellert gently set Lee down on his feet, and Lee stared up at him in shock. "Thank you."

       Gellert chuckled, though you saw his hand clench and unclench.

       "You're welcome, Lee."
-------------------------------------------------

"Well, I'm glad everything worked out okay." Your brother was saying as he pulled out some cash to pay you and Gellert.

     "Lee was great." Gellert smiled, "He's a good kid."

     Your sister in law smiled at you and Gellert. "Well, thank you again, for watching him."

      "Mom! Dad! Uncle Gellert saved me!"

     Uncle?

      We all turned, and Lee was at the top of the stairs, in his pajamas. His hair was fluffed up around his head, and there was a slight indentation on his cheek from where the pillow crease was.

      He bounded down the steps, and ran up to Gellert, hugging him around the legs.

      You laughed, while Gellert's face flushed.

       "What happened, Y/N?"

       "I almost tripped, but Gellert caught me!" Lee explained. Gellert got on his knees to hug him properly.

       "Can they come back again sometime?" Lee begged, pulling back from the hug. "Please?"

       "We'd love to," Gellert offered, sharing a look with me.

      My brother grinned, clapping a hand on my shoulder. "Alright then. I'll let you know about next time."

      As me and Gellert were leaving, Lee rushed out to give something to Gellert.

      "Lee, what is that?" You asked, seeing a folded sheet of paper.

      "It's for Uncle Gellert."

      Lee waved goodbye, and went back into the house, as we walked to my car. Gellert got into the passenger seat, and you got into the front.

     "What did he give you, babe?"

      He smoothed out the paper, lifting it so you could see. His smile was gentle, but genuine. "It's the drawing from earlier."