Frank Tupelo (Fluff)

"Here's the coffee, Mr. Tupelo." I greeted, sliding into his classroom.

     He simply smiled, and replied, his tone on the  verge  of  exasperation, "Y/N, it's okay to call me Frank. I'm not your teacher."

     My cheeks flamed in embarrassment, but I quickly smiled. "Sorry, Frank," I breathed, and he chuckled. "It's alright. Would you like to keep me company while I grade these tests?"

      Four months ago, I had gotten a job as an assistant teacher at the university that Frank taught at. He and I had been friends for a long time, but very recently when I came back from a trip, all of a sudden, I felt I liked him.

      Liked him.

      But I couldn't tell him, we've known each other since high school, but now?

      It would make it awkward between us. He's one of the few people who actually understand me. So I'm fine with what I have right now.

      I must have been standing there like a deer in headlights; Frank turned his head, arching an eyebrow. "Y/N? Are you okay?" 

      Y/N, I scolded myself.

      "Sure, yeah, I don't have anything for the rest of today, so it's fine." I shrugged, pulling up a chair and sitting nearby.

      The paper whipped as Frank flipped it and checked off a question on the sheet. "How are your students this year?" I asked, smoothing down my pants.

     "They're not as good as last year's, but I'll take them. Although, there are a few girls who are quite..." He trailed off, rolling his eyes.

     I immediately caught what he was saying. "Ooh.. Frank."
    "I mean, I'm flattered," he  went on, the ticks of the pen happening faster,  "But I'm their teacher, and that'd be illegal."

      Not gonna lie, Frank was so handsome. And sweet. But he did have a point.

       Despite that point, for some reason, it made me want to tell him even more.

       "But there's someone I'm into at the moment, so too bad for them." He finished calmly, setting a marked test down on a neat pile.

        "Oh? Who?" I inquired, hoping I sounded nonchalant. Frank glanced at me. 

        Crap.

        Luckily and unluckily, the intercom sounded at that point. Causing Frank to accidentally knock a few papers to the floor.

      Wait.

      He's usually not easily startled, so why would the intercom suddenly-

       "Oh- Y/N, would you mind-"

       "S-Sure, yeah." I replied, getting up and kneeling down to get the papers.

       Why did I stutter? Seriously, I've got to get it together.

       His chair swiveled, Frank was automatically bent over, grabbing the papers.

       When I reached to put them onto the desk, our lips brushed together.

       "Y/N-"

       "I'm sorry, I meant to-"

       At that moment, he grabbed my chin and our lips met. A startled cry left my lips at the hard impact, but Frank tilted my head.

       Cupping my cheek.

       And easing off a little, slowing down.

      My hands wound into his thick brown hair, feeling it slide softly between my fingers like water.

      Was he some kind of wizard? The supple lushness of his lips made my mind hazy, and the rest of the world seemed to fade, like it was just me and Frank. 

      After we broke away, he grabbed my hands softly and pulled me up. He was still seated.

      "I like you, Y/N," he breathes, "I waited too long to say it, I know."

      "I like you too, Frank," I leaned my forehead against his.

       Those lips of his slowly kissed my cheek. "At least one of us said it."

       Lightly hitting his shoulder, I let out a laugh. "What am I gonna do with you?"

       Frank tipped his head back to meet my eyes.  "Kiss me again?"

       So I did.