PIGGY BANK AND SEASONING JAR

Start from the beginning

"I was smiling the whole day, okay?" As a professional actor, Tao Mu felt that his expression management was very good. And he was really happy that day, and he had smiled like crazy the whole time.

"You were very happy that day. But you were indeed forcing your face to smile when you were eating the cake." Li Xiaoheng was also very straightforward. He said directly: "I don't like how you coaxed me by saying it was delicious even though you thought it was not delicious. If you always fool me like this, how could my cooking skills improve? If my cooking skills don't improve, won't you be the unlucky one in the end?"

"Now this is you being irresponsible to yourself."

"Mr. Tao, I think the most crucial point for both parties to maintain a long-term cooperative relationship is that they must meet each other frankly. The cultivation of tacit understanding is not blindly tolerating the shortcomings of the other party. It is to directly point out the shortcomings of the other party at the right time and help the other party correct themselves as soon as possible. Mutual tolerance and mutual familiarizing does not mean to torture each other. When clearly just a few words could clarify things to be corrected, there is no need to consume our patience. Our tolerance should be reserved for more core aspects."

After a pause, Li Xiaoheng added: "For example, one day I accidentally made you angry. You have to think that we have been living very happily before, so you tolerate my little mistakes. Instead of thinking of how in order to be with me, you tolerated so many trivial things, and then become even more angry and aggrieved."

Li Xiaoheng believed that a person's energy and tolerance were limited. Like the law of conservation of energy. Consuming a little on trivial things meant a little more accumulation of negative feelings. If you let negative emotions continue to accumulate, in the case that it overwhelmed and exploded out one day, it was very likely to cause qualitative changes.

So tolerance must not be consumed in daily life.

In Li Xiaoheng's vision, his and Tao Mu's daily life should be a piggy bank. Because they get along well, they accumulate a little bit of happiness every day. When there was a real quarrel, they could take a little of the happiness stored in the piggy bank to offset the negative emotions caused by the quarrel. After the negative emotions were offset in this way, the remaining happiness balance was enough to support them for the rest of their lives.

But Tao Mu's habit was to treat everyday life as a seasoning jar. Even when encountering the slightest disharmony, Tao Mu always habitually chose to make concessions on his own. Tao Mu wouldn't even say something as small as how the cake was too sweet and instead lie to him that the cake was delicious.

Li Xiaoheng felt that this approach was Tao Mu sacrificing his senses to accommodate him. Li Xiaoheng was very worried that if things went on like this, he would be spoiled by Tao Mu, and he was accustomed to thinking that Tao Mu should accommodate him and forbear more for this relationship. At that time, Tao Mu's seasoning jar would keep pouring seasonings out to adjust this relationship. When Tao Mu's seasoning jar was finally empty, it might truly be the end of their relationship.

"There is no way to manage emotional matters like one manages financial affairs, nor is there a way to short it. We can only use the most primitive means to increase our savings. I also think this kind of investment will be very hard. But fortunately, if my partner is you, it doesn't matter how slow it is. As long as you work hard with me."

Li Xiaoheng's mouth was a little dry, and he couldn't help taking another sip of wine. He felt that the most urgent task was to reverse Tao Mu's thinking. Let Tao Mu change the business philosophy of this relationship from a loss-type to a savings-type. After all, the matter of dating was always like the early days of starting a business, where you couldn't buy suitable love insurance, and you couldn't find a claim of equal value. If you really messed up, former lovers would really have to go their separate ways.