THE MEMORIES FROM BEFORE THE AGE OF FIVE

Gao Yonghuai made this phone call to Tao Mu because in addition to whistleblowing, he naturally had a little bit of gossipy interest.

The development momentum of FlyNews had been too strong recently, and Tao Mu was not pleasing to everyone in the industry. Some were just waiting for Tao Mu to trip up and faceplant.

However, it was going a bit overboard to make a fuss about one's background. Not to mention that Tao Mu was only five years old. Even if there was something wrong, one remark "children do not understand" could turn the situation around. So even if Gao Yonghuai heard the news, he just felt that the methods of the perpetrator behind the scenes were too dark and ruthless, and Tao Mu was a bit unlucky with little villains recently. He didn't have any thoughts of throwing stones at Tao Mu however.

Of course, it was a good show to see the young and successful CEO Tao in a headache when he was feeling idle.

"It seems that CEO Tao has come across an unlucky spot and offended a villain." On the other end of the phone, Gao Yonghuai suggested in a leisurely manner: "I heard that the incense in the Great Buddha Temple is very good. CEO Tao might want to burn incense and pray to Buddha to get rid of the bad luck?"

"Many thanks to CEO Gao for the suggestion, I will consider it." After putting down the phone, Tao Mu rubbed his face weakly.

"What's wrong?" Meng Qi walked to Tao Mu and patted Tao Mu on the shoulder: "Whose call was it?"

"CEO Gao from Weibo." Tao Mu glanced at the FlyNews employees around him, and smiled bitterly: "Let's go back and talk about it later."

Meng Qi saw that Tao Mu's mood was not good, and immediately took Tao Mu home.

On the way back, Tao Mu closed his eyes and leaned against the window of the co-pilot seat. The flickering neon lights outside the window shone on his face, and the radiant light and shadow casted his outline deeper.

Tao Mu recalled his situation before the age of five.

He told Li Xiaoheng that he had a high fever when he was five years old, and he couldn't remember the past.

Actually it was not true.

Tao Mu still had a little impression of things before the age of five. He vaguely remembered that his adoptive parents had treated him well.

Tao Mu's adoptive parents were an infertile couple. Dean Tao said that at that time Tao Mu had just been sent to the orphanage. Because he was good-looking, he didn't like to cry, and he was still a young child, many couples wanted to adopt him. Dean Tao thought carefully and finally handed Tao Mu to his adoptive parents. She felt that this couple could give Tao Mu a normal family environment and let Tao Mu grow up healthy.

The development was also as Dean Tao expected. After the couple adopted Tao Mu, they were very kind to Tao Mu. At least Tao Mu didn't know that he was not the biological child of his parents before he was five years old. Only occasionally, when Tao Mu was playing with the neighbors' children in the neighborhood, he could always hear the neighboring aunts talking with his parents that the child they picked up was quite smart. Tao Mu went back and asked his parents what was a picked up child? His adoptive parents put their arms around Tao Mu and said that he was a child picked up from the garbage dump.

Later, Tao Mu asked other friends in the neighborhood and found that everyone had been picked up from the garbage dump.

Four years of good days passed. The couple who adopted Tao Mu also happened to have the surname Tao, so they didn't change Tao Mu's name. They only gave him a nickname called Xiao Bao. It meant mom and dad's little treasure.