FORMER MATTERS

Tao Mu had a slight obsession with cleanliness. So when he returned to the dormitory from the nightclub, Tao Mu grabbed a set of pajamas and then took a bath even though it was past midnight.

Having endured the brunt of the water hose for an entire afternoon, Tao Mu's body was already covered in purple and green bruises, and there were even some blood cracks from the more serious bruises. The numerous bruises appeared very shocking against the white skin. The warm water rushed down from the shower head, and the bruises on the body stung painfully under the hot water. It was so painful Tao Mu didn't even dare to use the shower gel, only briefly rinsing with water before he rushed out.

Da Mao handed over the prepared cold medicine, and Tao Mu pinched his nose and drank the medicine under the supervision of the two childhood friends. With a white towel on his wet head, he sat at the small desk with a look of displeasure, took out his diary, and prepared to record for the day.

Da Mao and Xiao Pang smiled and reminded: "Don't scold us in the diary!"

Anyone who was familiar with Tao Mu knew that although he had a venomous tongue, an arrogant face, and a hot temper, Tao Mu actually had a particularly ingenuous hobby——keeping a diary. Perhaps in the eyes of outsiders, this hobby was too sappy and maudlin. Only Tao Mu knew that there was no emotional rantings or waxing poetry. He just wrote down the things that happened every day and the people he came into contact with, as well as all kinds of gossip or news that Tao Mu thought might be useful in the future, in case he might come into contact with these people and things one day. That way he could give different responses according to different people. To be more precise, it was to use these details for his own benefit.

For example, Tao Mu would write down the clothes and dressing style of every person he had come into contact with, and even their preferences that they unintentionally revealed. The next time he met them again, he could mention the exact jewellery that the other party wore last time and compliment them, or 'inadvertently' mention the other party's preferences during small talk. This approach could instantly pull closer the distance between the two and make the other person feel that he really cared about them.

This was taught to Tao Mu by a very popular male escort who he had met when he was working in a nightclub. The male escort believed that the core selling point of a person and the way of increasing one's popularity was not how handsome or young a person was, but that one must maintain his taste and style while also doing his best to smooth out every relationship and find out the personal preferences and weaknesses of every person. Basically, one must tap into the potential and value of each person and each connection.

He suggested to Tao Mu that he should take everyone he had come into contact with seriously as well as manage all personal connections with vigilance. After all, many people——especially men——had a natural hostility towards men who were handsome or better than them. But most people would not be hostile to a younger generation who was handsome and held admiration for them.

"Don't think that men have no vanity. In fact, men are the ones who are the most easily taken by a beautiful face and easily pleased. Especially the customers who come to our nightclub, most of them are elites who have achieved success in their respective fields. What haven't these people seen or experienced before? You think they are not easy to fool, right? Then you're wrong."

"If a person lives in a very high-end environment, then no matter how high-end the person was, it would still not make him stand out in a crowd. But if you change the place, then he may indeed stand out from the crowd. All you have to do is to make him feel that he stands out no matter what."

"I know a little about your background. To say something presumptuous, it is certainly miserable, but it is also one of your selling points. Since there is no way to change the facts, you have to learn to take advantage of all of this. It is okay to show weakness appropriately. People admire the strong, but instinctively sympathizes with the weak. This is very contradictory but if you make good use of it, you will never be at a disadvantage."