FINALS DRAMA PERFORMANCE

In "Modern Version of Flowers as a Matchmaker" directed by Du Kang, the role of the male protagonist Wang Junqing was played by Tao Mu, and the role of the female protagonist Zhang Wuke was played by Jiang Cheng, the class beauty recognized by everyone in the class——and the one who announced during the military training that in the future she will keep Tao Mu once she made it big in the entertainment circle. As for the male protagonist's cousin Jia Junying, after some selection, the role was snatched by Chu Sui'an. Female number two, Li Yue'e, was won by another girl in the class called Yuan Di. Du Kang himself played the father of Li Yue'e, Li Maolin, a comedic character.

And because Wen Bao had 'tormented' Du Kang, who happened to be the director and screenwriter. In order to retaliate against Wen Bao, Director Du strongly requested Wen Bao to play the role of Mama Ruan. He also personally designed a tacky floral dress and Liu Hulan hairstyle with flower hairpin look for Mama Ruan. Except for Wen Bao himself, the whole class clapped and applauded, unanimously giving the costume look a passing score.

In the modern version of "Flowers as a Matchmaker", the story background and the relationship between the characters had slightly changed due to the different time and setting. The male protagonist Wang Junqing, played by Tao Mu, was a rich second-generation who returned from studying abroad. After returning to China, he attended the 60th birthday of his father's friend and fell in love at first sight with his childhood friend Li Yue'e at the birthday banquet. The two wanted to instantly marry each other after falling passionately in love, but the Li family disagreed with the marriage. Because the Li family was a scholarly family, and Li Yue'e's father hated vulgar businessmen the most.

Since the Li family disagreed with the marriage, the Wang family would naturally not lower themselves to beg either. At the same time, the Zhang family, who along with the Wang family was also the two richest families in the city, wanted to form a business alliance through marriage with the Wang family, entrusting a matchmaker to set up a blind date for their daughter Zhang Wuke with Wang Junqing, the son of the Wang family. The matchmaker was the director of the local committee of the Women's Federation when she was young, and even after retiring, was particularly enthusiastic about setting up young couples——Mama Ruan.

Wang Junqing, an elite who returned from studying abroad, certainly did not agree to something as outdated as blind dates. Besides, he only liked his childhood friend with all his heart, so it was even more unlikely that he would agree to a business marriage with Miss Zhang, who he had never met before. However, Wang Junqing's parents put pressure on him so Wang Junqing had no choice but to ask Jia Junying to go on the blind date in his place. The best case would be to find a way to mess up the blind date and have Zhang Wuke dislike him and take the initiative to ask her parents not to agree to the marriage.

But what happened afterwards, Zhang Wuke and Jia Junying fell in love at first sight when they met on the blind date, both developing good feelings for each other. However, Jia Junying was from an ordinary family, and he did not have the courage to tell Zhang Wuke his true identity. He could only try his best to belittle the character of 'Wang Junqing' and tell Zhang Wuke that he was not worthy of her and that Zhang Wu deserved better.

Unfortunately, the more Jia Junying belittled 'himself', the more Zhang Wuke admired him for his humbleness and talent. So when Zhang Wuke went home, she told her parents that she was particularly satisfied with the Wang family's son and did not oppose the marriage.

On the other side, Jia Junying returned home and heard his mother tell him that his mentor called his home in the morning and wanted to arrange a blind date for him and his mentor's daughter. It turned out that Jia Junying's mentor was Li Maolin. Li Maolin had always wanted a gentlemanly son-in-law. It happened that Jia Junying was also his proud disciple. So this blind date was arranged.