PROMOTION AMBASSADOR

Start from the beginning

It was a pity that Tao Mu was no longer the nineteen-year-old Tao Mu in his previous life. He turned off the TV and walked to the kitchen in his slippers.

In the kitchen, Liu Yao and Meng Qi were busy cooking. Wearing a khaki apron, Liu Yao stood in front of the counter beating eggs, ready to make an egg pudding with his hands. Meng Qi stood in front of the stove, holding a large pan. He was frying fish-flavored shredded pork, and a flame burst out on the pan. As the food was stirred and flipped, the fragrance spread immediately.

The warm light shone on the two men, pulling the shadows on the ground into one. The smell of oil and smoke that Tao Mu hated the most, now made him feel warm in his heart when he smelled it.

Tao Mu asked with a smile, "You really don't need my help?"

"No need." Liu Yao said: "You just wait to eat ready-made. Just watch your two fathers cook you a loving dinner. By the way, you have lost weight recently. Were the box lunches from the crew not good?"

"It was really not very good." Tao Mu leaned against the door of the kitchen: "Yao Dad, I want to ask brother Da Hui to do me a favor."

"What's the matter, you——" Liu Yao was fed a piece of fish-flavored shredded pork by Meng Qi, almost scalding his tongue. He swallowed the piece of meat hissingly, and continued: " If you have a problem, just tell me."

"In order to clarify the rumors of drug use, I went to the police station to do a drug test. I left my blood sample at the police station. Now I want to get it back." Tao Mu said calmly: "For the sake of finding their youngest son, isn't the Shen Group planning to build a nationally-connected DNA database. I'm just afraid the police will also enter my DNA into it. As you all know, I was an orphan since I was a child, and I should have been abandoned by my parents. I don't want to pursue the matter. But I don't want those people to take this opportunity to find me either."

Liu Yao asked with a smile: "What are you afraid of? You are already my son. It is recognized by the law. It's fine if they dare not come forward. But if they dare to come forward, I will immediately sue them for abandonment. So why be afraid that they will leech onto you?"

"Though it's like that, it's better to have as little trouble as possible." Tao Mu explained with a smile: "After all, I want to be an actor. I always have to worry about image issues. In case my biological parents are the kind of people who are alcoholic, gambler, or drug addict sorts and only know to demand money from their children and treat them as cash cows. Although I'm not afraid of them, I don't want to bother."

That was true.

Liu Yao nodded: "Is it okay to have Da Hui go? No, I will go with your Xiao Qi Dad, in person."

"No need." Tao Mu said with a smile, "I'm very familiar with Officer Yao from the H Town police station. He is also able to understand my situation. In fact, I was negligent. When I went to the police station for a drug test, I should have recovered my data."

However, in the previous life, the Shen family never created this gene bank of lost children. In the end, it was Tao Mu himself who was careless. When he was doing the drug test, he still had a high fever, his thinking was unclear, and he couldn't think of that much. So he forgot to take care of loose ends.

Fortunately, the DNA database that the Shen Group was going to build was just a concept——they had just held a press conference with the police, and it would take at least a few more months before the nationwide networking and implementation. This time difference was enough for Tao Mu to clean up the loose ends.

He just needed a reliable person now to help him with this.

So Tao Mu thought of Liu Yao's most important subordinate Da Hui. However, Meng Qi was not at ease. He was planning to visit H Town in person to understand the matter, lest some inexplicable person jump out and snatch his son from him in the future.