But if she didn't say anything..... These past years, old man Song's life was truly too bitter. He deserved to seek justice for himself and for the many lives in the Song family.

Dean Tao felt that even if Tao Mu couldn't do much now, but when he became a big star and knew more powerful people, he could at least announce this to the public so that everyone knew what evil deeds surnamed Yao had committed in the past.

"Dean Tao? Dean Tao?" Tao Mu gently urged: "I promise, I just want to know what happened to the old man. No matter the truth, if I am not confident, I will not act rashly."

In the eyes of dean Tao, her Xiao Mu was only 18 years old this year. It was precisely the age a young man was at where one was not very reliable, and yet liked to pretend to be a true adult.

But for some reason, the Tao Mu in front of her now made dean Tao feel that he had a more mature and restrained attitude than his peers. It seemed as if his words suddenly held weight. He really wouldn't act rashly just because of a moment of anger.

Dean Tao struggled for a long time. She was still unsure whether she should tell Tao Mu about the past. Finally, she sighed silently: "Let me think about it."

"Aw, no." Tao Mu knew the importance of hitting the iron while it's hot. With dean Tao's character, he really didn't know how long this consideration would take: "Just tell me, please. I promise, I will definitely not mess around."

Tao Mu's character had always been persistent, something that even two lifetimes could not change. Anything he decided on, even if it led him to a dead end, he still wouldn't look back. Moreover, he was well aware of the various methods one could employ to stubbornly persist on something, and he knew how to choose and say different words according to the weakness of different people.

In the end, dean Tao was pestered by Tao Mu so much she told him the old events from that year long ago.

".....People of our age still remember the Song Ji that was opened on Gulou Street. This Song Ji was opened by the Song family. The ancestor of the Song family was an imperial cook in the palace. Later, when the Qing Dynasty ended, the ancestor of the Song family began to do business in a shop on Gulou Street. The Song family only has one child in each generation, so when it reached old man Song's generation, old man Song was also the only child. His father Song Liansheng had two apprentices at the time. The eldest apprentice was Yao Sheng'an, and the second eldest apprentice was Wang Yipin. Accepting apprentices at that time was different from now. People believed that teachers should be respected and treated as one's own father. Everyone lived together like a family, and apprentices had to support their teacher in retirement. Of course, those apprentices who were highly valued by the teacher could also inherit their teacher's business."

"At that time, the head chef of Song Ji was still old man Song's father and the Song family had an ancestral cookbook. Yao Sheng'an wanted this cookbook at the time, but old man Song's father felt that Yao Sheng'an's craftsmanship was not yet skilled enough, so he didn't plan to pass the cookbook to his eldest apprentice but pass it onto his son."

"Yao Sheng'an probably felt that it was unfair so after that, he left Song Ji and set up a new business on his own. Later, during the special period, Yao Sheng'an reported on his teacher and Song Ji was shut down and sealed for this reason. The Song family's ancestral recipes were also snatched away. Old man Song and his father were dragged onto the streets every day to accept criticism. Old man Song's father couldn't stand the anger and humiliation, so he hung himself in the middle of the night. Old man Song was also sent to a farm to work and receive reform. At that time he had only been married for a few years and his son just learned to walk. The main pillars of the Song family were both gone overnight, leaving the old and the young left. His wife could not bear the hardship, so she remarried, throwing the child to old man Song's mother. The child had no one to teach him since he was a child, so by the time he grew into a teenager, every day he would mix with some gangsters and hooligans on the streets. Later, when the government led a crackdown, he was executed by a firing squad. The old man Song's mother couldn't bear it and went crazy. Everyday, she would wander madly on the streets, calling her grandson's name, calling the old man Song, calling her husband. One day she slipped and fell into the lotus pond in Houhai and drowned. In the end, her corpse was recognized and collected by neighbors in the neighborhood....."