SHOW OFF ONE'S SKILLS

Start from the beginning

Gou Rixin stretched out his hand and rubbed the back of his head: "A few of us have inquired around and heard that today is your birthday. So we all discussed it and wanted to treat you to drinks. One is to celebrate your birthday. Two is to apologize. Once we're at the wine table we'll definitely accept punishment and guzzle it all down. If we frown at anytime, then we are not men." (TN: Chinese custom to show apology or respect by drinking alcohol, sometimes not just 1 or 2 glasses of it either)

He seemed to rarely make such a long speech, stuttering a bit as he spoke. And the remarks were especially like lines copied from Hong Kong films. This blatant middle school 2nd year syndrome...... (TN: middle school 2nd year syndrome refers to the opionated, rebellious and immature thinking that is prevalent at this period of adolescent growth. The slang came to be used for everyone exhibiting these traits so not just actual middle school 2nd years)

Tao Mu lowered his eyes, his temples aching slightly. He seemed to be coming down with a fever.

Da Mao disagreed: "Who wants you to apologize. Slap someone first and then give them a sweet? You treating us as kindergarten kids?"

"That's right!" Xiao Pang also followed up with the mocking: "And buying drinks to make amends. Who are you scaring? If you have the ability, then make amends with three knives six holes!" (TN: gang rule for making amends, basically stabbing yourself three times all the way through, hence 3 knife wounds, 6 punctures)

Being mocked like this, the group of martial arts extras behind Gou Rixin couldn't sit still anymore: "Don't be speaking like that, kid. We listened to Fatty Liu's words and dragged the two of you out. But did we do anything else to you? Brother Gou was just afraid that you'll cause trouble in the crew. The way you looked, what if you really did hit the investor——"

Da——family owns a mine fuerdai——Mao coldly snorted, "I'm afraid of him?"

"Yes, you are not afraid. What about Tao Mu? Does he still want to work in the crew afterwards?"

With these words, Da Mao and Xiao Pang became sheepish.

Gou Rixin waited until his underling had finished speaking before he looked at Tao Mu again with a sincere expression: "Brother, us brothers really admire you and want to make friends with you. I also know that you are different from us and was admitted to a film school. You're definitely going to be a big hit in the future. Me saying something like this here, might seem like I'm trying to claim connections......"

"Everyone here is an extra, so what connections?" Tao Mu waved his hand, his face was a little pale, but he said decisively: "We've decided to go clubbing at night. If you want to join in the fun then come along. I got a headache from the water hose, so I'll be going back to sleep now."

Seeing that Tao Mu had already decided, Da Mao let out a cold snort and simply reported the name of the bar. As for the time, it depended on when Tao Mu woke up.

Gou Rixin got the result he wanted, and no longer carried on. He took his group of brothers and went off to get dinner, and on the way they could pay the fee first before the three of them went to the bar——the big man never go back on his words, he said to treat them to drinks then that meant he should also pay the bill!

On the other side, Tao Mu went straight to bed when he returned to the rental house and slept like a log.

This house was helped rented by the old group extra who Tao Mu and the others met up with when they came to H Town. It was very close to the scenic areas and the commercial areas. It was only about ten minutes by walk. As for the waiting place for extras looking for a gig, it was also directly downstairs. The three bedroom and one living room house was decorated like a university dormitory. Each room was equipped with four beds, and underneath was a connected wardrobe and desk. There was a separate bathroom and kitchen outside, with a shower in the bathroom. There was also a TV in the living room. The rent was 200 yuan per bed, excluding water and electricity.