"Miyuki-San, Mirio-Kun... what's with that kid...?" Bubble Girl asked as the half-and-half girl freed her. Mirio walked over to them.

"He's my friend from school," Miyuki explained to the sidekick. She turned her head to look at Izuku and Sir Nighteye as they continued speaking of the incident. Her expression softened as she smiled widely. "He didn't make Papa laugh, but..."

"This is a pretty good first impression, too!" Mirio finished off cheerfully. Miyuki nodded in agreement.

"Miyuki. Mirio," Sir Nighteye called, walking over to where they both were. "This boy... he lacks the zeal worthy of someone working under my agency. I will evaluate him further from here. As for you..." he turned to his daughter and Miyuki straightened under his sharp gaze. "I will take your evaluation after I am through with his. There is something we will discuss."

"Yes, sir - I mean, yes, Papa!" Miyuki responded energetically. Sir Nighteye nodded, satisfied by her lively response, before returning to his desk with his hands clasped behind his back.

Izuku turned to look at Miyuki, curious about what her father said. He wanted to ask her about it, but before he got the chance, Miyuki motioned for him to remain silent as Sir Nighteye sat down.

"Why is it you wish to do your work study here?" The pro hero asked, placing the pads of his fingers together as he regarded Izuku.

"I'm not the type of person who ranks highest in my classes," Izuku admitted. "Since I first started at U.A., I've come to realize I'll never achieve my goal if I don't work harder than my classmates and reach the top. I want to... No, I have to surpass my limits!"

"I see..." Sir Nighteye said after a momentary silence. "So you want to do a work study here in order to become stronger?"

"Yes, sir!" Izuku responded. "Please allow it!"

"You have a contract from school -"

"Of course!" Izuku exclaimed, reaching into his yellow bag. "I brought it with me!"

"You will not interrupt me when I am speaking," Sir Nighteye stated.

"No, Sir!" Izuku responded nervously as he produced the desired document.

"Once my stamp is on that paper, the work study contract will become official," Sir Nighteye explained. "A hero work study is not like the week-long internships of normal workplaces that you can participate in casually."

"Yes, sir!" Izuku exclaimed, bowing.

"You must work here for at least a month, and of course you will be paid," the pro hero continued. "As a first year who still has a lot of classes, you will also rack up a lot of absences, and you will not be able to continue on this path on the same level as your classmates."

"I understand that!" Izuku said, straightening himself. "But... if I match my pace with everyone else, then I can't be the top!"

Sir Nighteye looked at him, a blank and stern expression on his face. Miyuki bit her lip, hearing her heart beat loudly as she watched her dad raise the stamp in his hand to seal the contract. Her eyes followed it as it came down -

BAM!

Izuku's eyes widened in shock.

"Um, you missed..." he pointed out, looking at the stamp on the desk.

"Because I don't feel like stamping it," Sir Nighteye told him casually, repeatedly hitting the stamp on the table. "I understand the merits of working here for you. But what merit is there in my employing you? With two sidekicks and one work study student, alongside Miyuki's application, this agency runs smoothly, so to add you... What benefit is there in that? How can you contribute to society? How can you be useful to others? In order to be acknowledged, you must make those things clear.