I contemplated just cutting the tv off, but Yamir refused to hand the remote over so I continued the PT session.

"Is a generational great, and he did have his moments, several, but he never carried the team alone. Blue Jackson, Prince Revington, Travis SinClair- they been doing the job. Even now they've flourished more now. I don't even think they're playing harder, it's just they're being the attention and focus that was solely put in Yamir." Stephen argued, which was a great argument and a different take.

"Yet they're losing." Rece countered, missing the point.

"4 people cannot carry a team. Especially in football." Stephen responded, leaving it at that.

"But they did." Adam argued.

"So that's not his fault, that's the coaches." Chris rebutted, switching sides all of a sudden.

"Smith, what do you have to say bout this? Cause I feel like you have more to say."

"I'm just waiting for y'all to stop bitchin. Regardless if what y'all think here at this table, this man has done his due diligence for the next 25 years, the next generation really. He's broken records and barriers, set the bar for those behind him. No one had a problem with him when he was on field and now that he's not he's the enemy." Stephen said calmly, shrugging before straightening out his paperwork.

"I'm just saying he's not playing his part." Rece argued, going on a I hate Yamir Banks route.

"Did we all not see his leg get demolished on live television, one of the highest streamed football games in pro history. Here, several months ago?" Chris shouted.

"We did. Honestly, I think we're wasting our minutes. Cause everybody got a lot to say bout whether or not Yamir should get suspended but no one wants to talk any the other player should've been suspended. This other player, broke how many rules in the rule book and is still talking shit?" Stephen added, the only calm and professional one at the table.

"That's not the point!" Adam argued.

"Not why not?! Had Yamir been Tom Brady, any other white player , the world would've been in turmoil. But because a black man inflicted that kind of injury in another black man, no one had anything to say." Stephen steeped in, having to be loud to be heard.

Then all the white folks got quiet.

"So let's talk about that! Let's talk about how Yamir Banks has built a program to help disabled and injured children everywhere! Let's talk about how he's going to children's hospitals and paying the expense! Let's talk about how he's building up and training as community of black athletes- exposing  them to so many opportunities, that's talk about the inclusivity in his shoes! Let's talk about him being a mental health advocate! It at the very least take about how he's a legend alive in the flesh!"

With good things also come difficulties. I haven't been the best auntie to my unborn niece or nephew but I have sent so much shit back home, not that it makes up for it, but hopefully it makes up for my lack of being there.